Use RCR123 in SF Executive E1E

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Now I know that you can not use two CR123's with the E1E LA, just too much voltage, but does the E1E LA have the built in latitude to handle up to 4.2 volts? I am guessing that the LA might instaflash, but I am not sure, and it would be nice to run with one RCR123.

Also, does anyone know the current draw with the E1E LA is with a CR123? I am out of town, and do not have a DMM handy.

Bill

JanCPF

Enlightened
Bill,

DON'T do it. you'll instaflash it. Several people have already done it in the past, mostly by mistake, my self included :banghead:

Jan

nuggett

Enlightened
Only using fivemegas strion bulb kit for my e2d, am I able to make this work.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The Strion bulb amperage, about 1.75A's, would be to high for my purposes as I feel that the output of the E1E bulb is perfect. Carley makes bulbs that might work with that mod, but I think that SF uses halogen in the MN01, while Carley does not, unless special ordered.

Bill

David_Web

Newly Enlightened
Would not one of the 3Volt RCR123 work? If you only wanted to make it rechargeble. Not sure tho.

Oh, and second the question about the A on the MN01 bulb.

My guess is that it is a xenon bulb as it's to small to make the halogen cycle work.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Just thinking that the RCR123 3 volt (not 3.6-4.2 volts) battery might work out in the E1E with MN01. Not sure runtime would be good if current to LA is in the 1amp range.

Bill

David_Web

Newly Enlightened
The only problem with them IIRC is the open voltage of 3.6-4.2 wich would fry a gladius as it draws to little in standby to activate the circuit.

I would guess it works like a series PWM driver. Shuld give a rock steady regulations tho. (if it can handle it)

JanCPF

Enlightened
Yep, one RCR123 4.2 volts off the charger will fry it every time. I don't have any experience with the 3 volt Li-Ions, but AFAIK they are a bit over 3 volts off the charger as well - don't know if that has been tried with the MN01 LA.

Jan

Bullzeyebill said:
Jan, thanks for reply. One RCR123 fried the E1E LA?

Bill