2AA LED Mag price drop in UK

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noticed today that the price of the 2AA LED 3W Mag has dropped from £40 to £30 at Argos.

Anyone found it cheaper in the UK?

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
Essexman said:
Noticed today that the price of the 2AA LED 3W Mag has dropped from £40 to £30 at Argos.

Anyone found it cheaper in the UK?
Haven't seen it cheaper than that. But I still think it's overpriced (no HA, plastic lens, dodgy contacts etc.)
For a cheapish single-level light with good spec, what about the Huntlight FT-01?
If youre a Mag fan of course then nothing else will do (I have a 2D & a 3D with EverLed - excellent).
Incidentally I have seen 2AA Mags and NiteIze upgrades in our local Snow & Rock - combined price much less than £30 but they were flogging them off.

"Eltham: not twinned with anywhere, but has a suicide pact with Dagenham." Sorry.

MikeHunt79

Newly Enlightened
£30? What a rip off! You could get an L2T from the fenix store for less than that! I know which I'd rather have. :)

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't say it was a good deal. I agree that it is still overpriced and there are better/cheaper products.
I was pointing out that a major UK retail outlet had reduced thier price by 25%. I guess Argos didn't sell many at £40.

BTW Argos are selling a 2D Mag for £15, which is useful for those who like modding Mags.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
Essexman said:
I didn't say it was a good deal. I agree that it is still overpriced and there are better/cheaper products.
I was pointing out that a major UK retail outlet had reduced thier price by 25%. I guess Argos didn't sell many at £40.

BTW Argos are selling a 2D Mag for £15, which is useful for those who like modding Mags.
Essexman: Yes - point taken.
BTW, I got a 3D mag from Halfords for £16.95- OK they had mispriced it, but I argued the toss. With an EverLed it's quite useful.

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
The 2AA LED can be had in Australia for only AUD$44.00 plus postage at the moment.
http://www.jpt-australia.com/specials_page.htm
I did a rough calc and this is about £18.00

I had one sent from the US, only paid US$6 postage and it cost me AUD$43 delivered.
My local shop expects them to sell for $70+
(haven't been in for a month so he probably has them now)

Rain would be good.
Even in Tassie it's dry, have had about 10% of normal rainfall over the last few months. Still no water restrictions down here yet.

Regards
Dave