6 d cell maglite

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
I just got a 6 d cell mag. The best throw I've seen so far. Bad beam distribution up front though. I didn't see a review on this light. Is there one?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get yourself a pelican big d bulb and a stippled reflector.It will be a really Big and really Bright light without artifacts!

jwl

Enlightened
6D alkalines WILL power a Pelican Big D 24W bulb and it will not instaflash. There are several people other than myself who have done this. My brother is still running the 24W bulb on alkalines. Keep in mind that it won't be as bright and will die fast at about three hours. I run mine off CTA 12,000mAh D-cells and get three hours run time before I need to recharge them.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
jwl said:
6D alkalines WILL power a Pelican Big D 24W bulb and it will not instaflash. There are several people other than myself who have done this. My brother is still running the 24W bulb on alkalines. Keep in mind that it won't be as bright and will die fast at about three hours. I run mine off CTA 12,000mAh D-cells and get three hours run time before I need to recharge them.

Used mine tonight for an hour with the kids, we used the "Bat Signal" Whenever They needed to find me I just waved the light straight up in the trees, they could find me blocks away, :lolsign: