Got the bug !!

jayex

Newly Enlightened
Firstly i would like to say hi to all from sunny scotland :laughing: i have been looking through this site for ages but have only just got round to singnig up - after buying my first SF (C2) i think i may alread have the flshlight bug !! so i am looking for adive on what to buy next - looking for a really small LED to carry on my key chain or in my pocket - and the best place to buy it from - any suggestions ?
thanks in advance guys :)
Julie

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
jayex said:
... looking for a really small LED to carry on my key chain or in my pocket - and the best place to buy it from - any suggestions?...
ARC AAA with a Berkeley Point mini-clip on it for sure (see the ARC Forum)...or you may want to consider one of the Fenix E0s sold by 4sevens in the Dealer's Corner! Or actually, you could consider buying both and comparing them! I'm certain each one will find a home with you somewhere!!

BTW, WELCOME!

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Ah, there's more than a few to choose from:

Photon make a great little keychain light, very small and very bright. The Freedom version comes with several different settings and a funky little clip that you can use to attach it to your cap brim.

Fenix have several, including the E0, E1, L0P and L0P SE...

The Arc is very popular, comes in standard and premium versions.

I would advise you to hang out here a bit more before you get anything - it's amazing what you can learn in short space of time at CPF!

jayex

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replys guys :grin2: i've been looking at the fenix lop/Se ( special edition) oh and how nice does the Orb Raw NS look? wow thats stunning :drool: ... off to check ot the others you suggested :naughty:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC AAA with a Berkeley Point mini-clip on it for sure

Seconded - Purchase from "lighthound.com" - Best flashlight pusher on the internet.

If you decide a Fenix light buy from "fenix-store.com" - Another excellent dealer.

Welcome to CPF
smile.gif

CFU

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Fairly new on here myself, fairly new to flashaholism, and from Scotland too!

Not too sunny here I know, but now that the clocks have changed it does get dark around here 4.00pm! Plenty of opportunities to use my lights!

I've got and Arc on my keys and it is pretty bombproof, although mine has a bit of a blue tint, not sure about others?

I would second the L0P SE, great output for such a small light, but not sure if the finish will be as durable as the Arc.

Fenix-Store is a great dealer, ordered from them a couple of times and it's arrived 6-7 days later no problems.

Good luck with your new addiction anyway!

GRoLED

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd look at the Fenix P1 - a stunningly bright 'wow factor' solid reasonably priced key pocketable little light that can run on BOTH CR123's or RCR123's (rechargeables). It's one of the few lights that I'm going to buy more than one of - they are that good all around. Welcome to the world of light.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome jayex

I have a Fenix E1 and LOP SE and I really like both of these lights. The EO is just a bit smaller and dimmer but with greater runtime. I have heard good things about the Arc AAA P as well (built like a tank) performance is similar to the EO but with a little less runtime.