SureFire Dominator 10x Specs

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for the head's up!

I must get me a SureFire 10X911 with MN32 as soon as possible!!

Alastair
grin.gif

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
Can you lock the switch "on" - I read about the push light for low, push harder for 500 lm. output - but it didn't say anything about rotate the switch to lock it on!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

the head screws down for 60 lumens, then 1/2 turn for 500 plus (both lamps). the handle screws down.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 9AN uses the same Lamp Module as the 9N, but is the "Millennium" version.

I've had a demo of the 9NT (3" TurboHead) at a shop and it's a very impressive beam indeed.

I'd have to say though that the 10X has far more appeal to me than any other flashlight (other than perhaps the PlasmaBeam) at the moment, and I will have one! Oh Yes!

Alastair

Doug

Enlightened
The 10x looks great! Now, if they just had a rechargable E1, or E2
smile.gif
! I also like the 9AN! Rechargable, and two lamps in one! I wonder how the beam looks?

Question is.... WHEN THE HECK WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE?!?!
smile.gif

I also like the new E1, probably just get it or the E2 for a kicks
smile.gif

Doug

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Doug on 01-21-2001 at 12:06 AM</font>

Doug

Enlightened
PlasmaBeam?

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
The 9AN uses the same Lamp Module as the 9N, but is the "Millennium" version.

I've had a demo of the 9NT (3" TurboHead) at a shop and it's a very impressive beam indeed.

I'd have to say though that the 10X has far more appeal to me than any other flashlight (other than perhaps the PlasmaBeam) at the moment, and I will have one! Oh Yes!

Alastair
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug there are 3 lanterns for sale to the general public that use short-arc technology rather than a filament. Those are the MaxaBeam, PlasmaBeam and I think the NightHunter too.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Size15's

Flashaholic
That's the one!

Give it to ME!

BTW, the fog here is making lightsabre duels possible with the M6 and 12PM.

Although it's not much use for illumination, I've got a Pelican MityLite Magnum 2AA with a really [and I really mean] thin beam which is about as lightsabre-ish as I've got.
grin.gif

One day, I may make a film "Flashlights in the Mist" [or not
wink.gif
]

Doug

Enlightened
"Flashlights in the Mist"?! Yikes! Ok, well, just have a random gorilla run through in the middle of the film, ok
wink.gif
?

Doug

phyhsuts

Enlightened
Ther are quite a few lights out there with short arc lamps. Quite besides the MaxaBeam, Plasma Beam there is the: MegaRay MR250; American Safety Long Arm; KumKang 10-35 S.I;
KumKang 100-150 S.I; KumKang 50-80 S.I and KwangShin KS 50XE to name only those I know.I must say the last 4 are from S. Korea and is not available in the USA. (I am in Singapore)

phyhsuts

Enlightened
I have a MaxaBeam. Have not seen any of the others in the flesh, but I do have website addresses for the manufacturers if anyone is interested!

Doug

Enlightened
Yikes! So, what is the MaxaBeam like to use? What is the runtime? Huh? Huh?? Comparison pictures, comparing it to a M6 would be killer
smile.gif
!

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phyhsuts:
I have a MaxaBeam. Have not seen any of the others in the flesh, but I do have website addresses for the manufacturers if anyone is interested! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I have the following information on the Long Arm. This was sent to me by e-mail from www.searchgear.com

The Long Arm from Reva International is the world's first tryly
portable, properly focused handheld ARC Metal Halide Search Lamp. It is
waterproof to 100meters, features a indestructible expoy filled body,
automatic electric load sensing circuitry with smart fuse, totally
impervious to rough handling and liquids. This product will withstand a
6' drop test! Incredible candela power penetrates smoke and fog multiple
times better than any light source! Comes complete with Extra seals,
switch, 4 amp hour nickel metal hydride battery, AC battery charger, DC
battery charged, shoulder strap and carrying case. Model FLA301 comes
with an extra battery.

FLA300 $ 1795.00 HANDHELD ARC METAL HALIDE-1 BATTERY
FLA301 $1995.00 HANDHELD ARC METAL HALIDE-2 BATTERIES

The expert on this lamp is our Reva Rep, Doug Welpott. His number is
707-693-1692,

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phyhsuts:
I have a MaxaBeam. Have not seen any of the others in the flesh, but I do have website addresses for the manufacturers if anyone is interested! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm interested. If it's worthwhile I'll add it to the links section.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

JB

Enlightened
While the MaxaBeam, PlasmaBeam, NightHunter, etc. are *very* powerful (into the millions of candlepower), they aren't small or light.

From what I saw on the sites, the light and battery pack are separate (but connected by an umbilical). So it's a 2-piece affair. Combined weight is in the 7-9lb range!

So, how about a review of the MaxaBeam phyhsuts? Love to hear what use you put a mega-power light to.
smile.gif