What I carry daily has evolved so much in the way of lights.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to carry a Mag AA and Solitare.

That later changed to SureFire 6Z and a Solitare and remained the same for a long time. I later started substituting a 9Z for the 6Z once in awhile.

After finding this site. I went wild and it changed all of the time with the SureFires still getting revisited as I kept returning to them. I started to settle back down and it became the Photon and one of the two SureFires.

I soon found myself abandoning the old and came in with the new almost. I found myself carring The Arc-AAA when It became available to keep the new E1 company on the keychain. The 6Z was abandoned along with the Photon. The E2 became the belt light, the Arc-AAA and E1 became the pocket on keychain lights. The only light from the past is the 9Z that subs for the E2 once in awhile. I found that the E1 and Arc-AAA combo brought my battery costs way down since the 6 and 9 volt SureFire was seeing half of its former use.

This didn't last long however, The Arc-AAA gave way to the Arc-LE.

I started messing with my three light combo by flirting with the innova 5x for a little while and frequently carried a four light load.

My world changed after I received my first Arc-LS second. The innova went by the wayside and I never looked back.

I think my light carry daily carry gear has matured with Arc filling in the bulk of it.

I now carry a keychain that allows easy romoval of up to 6 items. I find it easy to switch items now. I am back to a three light load that has matured greatly. On my belt is the E2 or 9Z which gets little use.
In my watch pocket is the workhorse, The Arc-LS with 123 pack. The keychain sees frequent changes now but it is just between two lights. Its the Arc-AAA and the Arc-LS with either the AA or 123 pack. The keychain light is my economy light. I use it to finish of AAA, AA, or 123's that are partially used.

Whats to future hold. I do not know. The E2e might put the E2 out to pasture but I might want to wait and see what the 5 watt LS might mature into. The upcomming HD might move the current LS out of the watch pocket and move it to emergency candle mode. I think I will always want an economy light as well, I don't see anything that will displace the Arc-AAA and an LS for this mode yet.

Its amazing to me that I only consider two companies products worthy of daily carry. Two Arc-s and a SureFire, nothing else seems to even come close in my opinon. Perhaps the future might bring me to only one company. If the LS 5 watt turns out to be a good carry light from Arc. I might be only carring Arcs' with me on a daily basis.