My Striker-VG just stopped working :(

Secur1

Enlightened
Hey ppl my brand new Striker (less than 2 weeks old) just stopped working, i did a run time test, during which, at no point the light got too hot to handle or anything even close, but after i tried another set of cells the light will not turn on...

I tried 3 different sets of CR123's and primaries but nothing :(

What do i do now ?

EDIT: Ok i tried the same cells once more before i box it to ship it back and it worked....
Even tho i am extremely relieved that i will not have to go through the RMA process and wait possibly another month till i get my light back, does anyone have any idea why this happened ?!

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You didn't take the bezel off did you?
I took my Striker bezel off twice, and each time I had to take it back off and retry it. Something wasn't going back together right.

I have also tried a 17650 that didn't work (I think because the cell didn't have a button top) so it might be finicky about batteries.

Secur1

Enlightened
Turns out, i had to keep the button pressed for 5sec after i changed the cells, silly me totaly forgot about it.....

tron3

Banned
Blindasabat said:
You didn't take the bezel off did you?
I took my Striker bezel off twice, and each time I had to take it back off and retry it. Something wasn't going back together right.

I have also tried a 17650 that didn't work (I think because the cell didn't have a button top) so it might be finicky about batteries.

Ditto, I had a an actual circuit blow and waited about 6 weeks for the replacement, but that is another frustrating story. :rant:

If you did remove the head, you sometimes have to finess it to make contact. I say, once you get it working consistently, a drop of liquid super glue can keep it in place. Strong enough to hold, but breakable if you ever need to open it again.

Secur1

Enlightened
If by head u mean the reflector part thingy, no i haven't touched and and after what u guys said i will certainly make sure i don't touch it :p
Only parts i've removed were the ring bezel and the lens just to c if there was any burn marks or smell of electrical burn on the pcb.

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:):grin2:

:ohgeez: ......... Like you already figured out , every time you remove cells , you need to press the button for 5 sec. B-4 putting cells back in . I hope it's working OK for you now.

later......................... TMG/:grin2:

Last edited: