OPINIONS: FENIX Natural color or Black?

FENIX: Natural or Black?

• Natural!

Votes: 84 66.7%
  • Black!

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • Black vote, I just want to see the results.

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Voted natural. I have a P1 that looks v. good in natural. I think the black L series look OK black, but the black P1 not as good.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Six of one half dozen of another as far as I am concerned. The color of the light has no effect on its performance so I could care less. I have half my Inovas in black and half in natural, I grab whichever is more readily available.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Natural! Seems like there was a poll like this awhile back for just the P1.
Too many Fenix lights come in black only. It's nice to have a Natural one for a change. It makes it seem special.

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
I like the look of black better, so if it's going to be in a holster, I like black. If it's going in a pocket and going to get scratched up, I like natural better. It doesn't show the scratches as much. Scratched up black just looks old and beat up. Scratched up natural you can't tell unless you look closely.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Natural, unless you want to mod it. Then black is better, because they don't use epoxy on the pill.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
EngrPaul said:
Natural, unless you want to mod it. Then black is better, because they don't use epoxy on the pill.

Hmm lets here more about this....

And yes.. p1 is what I was planning to get. I just cant decide between p1 and L0P SE. I read that there may be a newer version of the p1 coming out soon so im reluctant to purchase it now!!

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a "tactical black" kind of guy for a long time now, but, these natural Fenix lights are really growing on me. I think if I get one of the new P1D CE's it'll have to be the natural color.

Toons

Newly Enlightened
Don"t own one of the naturals but always liked it in the pictures. :D
Is there any difference in the wear resistance or strength between
black and natural finishes?
Toons

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
EsthetiX said:
Hmm lets here more about this....

And yes.. p1 is what I was planning to get. I just cant decide between p1 and L0P SE. I read that there may be a newer version of the p1 coming out soon so im reluctant to purchase it now!!

I was referring to some of the AAA lights they make. For instance, I bought both a E0 Natural and E0 Black for modding.

The natural had the pill epoxied to the case, I had to scrape it away to get the pill out (1 hour of careful work under a stereoscope)

The black had no epoxy whatsoever, the pill pushed right out.

4sevens reported he could only mod the E1 blacks, the E1 naturals couldn't be disassembled. I believe it was the same issue...

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoors Fanatic said:
Talking about natural HAIII, why is Surefire natural finish much much darker than Fenix's natural? It's probably a lot thicker too...

The alloy of the metal has a big influence on the resulting color. I don't think the Fenix natural is infact natural, but is rather dyed like the black is.