Bulldogs and Waterbeds

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm taking a break at the moment from vacuuming up water in my bedroom. Where else does one take a break but at CPF to catch up on "stuff"? And as I'm sitting here quite soaked myself and wondering if I'm ever going to get all of that water out of the carpet, I also wonder if anyone else has ever had to deal with... Bulldogs and Waterbeds.

I guess it all started a couple months ago. The bulldogs decided that they didn't like us being gone during the day... either that or they thought that the waterbed was a most excellent thing to play on/with and would be even more excellent to chew on... MMMMMMMMM!!! That first discovery only took two patches to fix and the carpet dried overnight.

I guess it was no fun anymore when Mommy patched it and made all of the water go away. So they moved on to other things. Then last week they discovered it again. WEEHEE!! They dug and dug and got all of the sheets and blankets all pulled into the middle of the bed and found the spout where the water goes in (and out!) and figured it would be LOTS of fun to try to bite that off! It took 5 patches to fix that. And it sent me to the furniture store to order a new bed. A regular bed. A king size, pillowtop bed. With an iron headboard. Yes, I do learn.

The catch is that the new bed will not be in until the 27th.

Three days ago, they decided to have another go at that spout. Only took one patch. But today... ah yes, today. SCORE!!! They finally got that spout chewed off and now half of the contents of a king size waterbed is on my bedroom floor. And to think that just the other day I was wondering if I'd ever get my money's worth out of that steam/wet vac that I bought last spring... especially seeing as how I plan on tiling the whole house this winter. In retrospect, I suppose it's a good thing I don't have that tile floor now. That would not be pretty. Not that what I have right now is... but you all know what I mean.

So here's the big question! Once I get all of the water sucked up off the floor, and all of the bedding has been run through the spin cycle in the washer and then thrown in the dryer, do I patch the bed again and refill it and try to get through til Tuesday? Or should I just disassemble the bed now and sleep on the floor... after it dries, of course.

The most pitiful part about all of this is that I can't punish the little heathens... hell, I can't even get upset about it. Anyone who has or has ever had a bully knows exactly what I'm saying. Those precious wrinkled ugly muggs... with their angel eyes. *sigh* ... it really is my fault, you know. Not theirs. How many times do they have to tell me not to leave them alone before I get the message?
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Sasha...pssst! The secret word is Aero bed it'll work great until Tuesday and then you can stow it away in the closet for when company comes. I'll spare you the details, but I slept on one for months and now want to replace my matress with one
grin.gif
it's like one of those select comfort beds at a fraction of the cost. Get the model with the plug in, not rechargable, pump.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never liked waterbeds. Especially when under the influence. They tended to make me seasick. Of course that was 15 years ago. Maybe they're better now.

Sabby has the right idea, an air matress. They come in a wide assortment of prices starting at $30 or so and you can use them for afterwards for guests, camping, etc. But do get one with a pump.

I used to visit my friend when he had a bulldog. Friendly little fellah but I never saw a dog that was willing to play tug of war with the knotted rope like forever.

Spork

Enlightened
i hate those air beds. they just werent very comfy when i went camping. I prefered the foam crate stuff or a sleeping bag and im a person that can sleep on a hard bench if I'm tired enough.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nicer airbeds are somewhat better and for the cheapies, it's nice if you can put a sleeping bag or other quilting material on top of it for padding.

Greta

Flashaholic
The airbeds are a good idea. They really would never get used again though. I have a spare bedroom now that my daughter is at college. So I think I'm just going to make my son sleep on the couch and I'll sleep in my daughter's bed and my husband can sleep in my son's bed. And the bulldogs will just have to find another toy.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to Vegas 'til Tuesday.

Hmmm... for some reason my answer makes me want to listen to 80's music.

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by DavidW:
Go to Vegas 'til Tuesday.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Now THAT'S a good idea!!! I could book a suite at the Venetian and send the bill to my insurance company... think it will work?
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I hear "2 Palms" is nice..or is that "3 Palms"?
I'm not sure about how many Palms, but is that near you?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Sasha...

could book a suite at the Venetian and send the bill to my insurance company

You're missing the boat--buisness expsnse!
wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Saaby:
Sasha...

could book a suite at the Venetian and send the bill to my insurance company

You're missing the boat--buisness expsnse!
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmmmm... the kid has a point. Besides, living in a place where the average annual rainfall is under 2 inches, we don't have flood insurance. Uh-huh, uh-huh... business expense... it just might work...
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Sasha:
Uh... Ted, just what kind of place are you trying to send me too?!?!?!?
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
it is important that EVERY Guest understands that
Speaking Softly - just above an intimate whisper - and
Restricting Cell Phone Use to within the privacy of
personal vehicles and guest accommodations
are Strictly Enforced Policies of the resort!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">(whispering!) I don't know! I have never been there!
shocked.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Not unlike the fifty or so fascinating migratory creatures that pass through our spectacular natural desert oasis each year, Two Bunch Palms' own indigenous SPA STAFF are equaling interesting birds – A BREED APART from the ever-growing packs of mega-resort masseurs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uh... Ted, just what kind of place are you trying to send me too?!?!?!?
shocked.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wasn't that a church camp song?

Bulldogs, and Waterbeds, both been born again!

Wait, that was bullfrogs and Butterfly's!

grin.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha,

I should have said this:

Dogs, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!"

How is the new waterbed?

Get a pillowtop cover, and put some of the foam egg crate stuff under it, that might help!

Greta

Flashaholic
Hi Budd!

I got rid of the waterbed. I now have a "regular" bed. A king size pillowtop. It is wonderful!! I don't know why I have had a waterbed all this time. I love my new bed! And so do the bulldogs.
rolleyes.gif