How much money do you spend on flashlights annually?

cutlerylover

Banned
I was just thinking today about the money spent on peoples hobbies...So what about you guys...About how much do you spend on flashlights annually? Estimated number of course...I am new to flashlights so I don't really have a number myself, but I was curious about the rest of you...This estimated price would include all accesorries as well like batteries and extra bulbs along with other flashlight related items...Just curious...

Personally I am broke...:broke:

But I am VERY gratefull that I was picked for the light giveaway! Soon I will have a nice light myself!!! Can't wait, but its soooooo hard to choose from that nice list of stuff some of you guys donated, how very generous!

Culhain

Enlightened
I'm new here, but this years final total will probably shock me. I keep telling myself that flashlights are tools that I need and not a hobby or the start of a collection.

Prior to finding this forum, my annual cost for lights, bulbs and batteries was around $20. My old Mag Lites show no sign of wearing out. :sssh:

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh God...just clocked up what I've spent since discovering this forum in June whilst looking for A new flashlight.
au.gif

just over $1000 approx (them HDS's and classic Arc products is damn costly!!!
sick2.gif

Jeez, I'm not even finished yet...theres so much more that I need.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel the need to go and be sick/cry like a baby.
mecry.gif

CFU

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a bit but I sell stuff all the time as well when it becomes old or if I get something new. I would guess my total spent on lights I currently own would be under $500, which isn't bad at all considering some of the guys here. :laughing:

Burgess

Flashaholic
I don't dare even add it all up.
smile.gif

But i sure do love all my new lights !

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a ProPoly 4AA in January of this year (2006), and I joined CPF in July. The year's not over, but, as anyone can see by the page linked in my sig, I've spent about $2200 on flashlights and flashlight-related equipment so far. I'm far from done - I already ordered a P1D-CE (I only list lights that I have in my hand), and I'm looking for a Carley 1499 to go with AW's 17500s and my TL-3.

I am SO glad I got a job in early July...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not including the gasoline driving around looking for new lights, I've probably averaged about $150-$200 a year since finding CPF. This year, thanks to Fenix, that average has really gone up.

Geoff

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
So far on actual flash lights, about maybe $300. If you include bike lights, about $1000.

Be glad lights is a cheap hobby. Along with photography, audio, and bicycles, you can easily drop a grand on a lens, 200 on a vacuum tube (luckily mine only uses 3 tubes), and 2 grand on a bicycle wheel.

cutlerylover

Banned
Well I guess maybe its not good to think about it, lol...but even $1000 isn't that bad, I mean if you can affrod it on a hobby its not as bad as some poeple...think about people who collect cars? Sometimes they spend $100,000 a year on their hobby...but I guess its all relivent, if you have the monye and like the hobby it will be spent, lol, I ma sure if we all had the money we would all have MANY MANY more lights, even though we don't need them...lol, but if it makes you happy, why not right, congratulations gentleman at least you bought cool stuff with your money some people just waste money on stupid things like bills, or taxes...lol

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhhhhh,
For just FLASHLIGHTS it was a very, very good year as I only purchased ONE of them. A Fire~Fly III with extra chargers/batteries for my birthday. A Kui HA-III strike bezel for my LuxV Mag for parts. $190 for the entire year for just flashlights.
Now... the "other thing" is the big money sucker although they are related to "flashlights" The MillerMods 1.7 watt (Fenix) L1P with UWAJ LuxeonIII is a "self-contained bicycle helmet light" and rests on my helmet mount. That $100 does not count!
The HA-III Quad XRE McR19 MaxFlex 8AA bored Mag with PXR heat sink and Kui strike bezel? It is a "self-contained bicycle frame-mount light" so that $400 does not count!
The $100 for a Maha C9000 battery analyzer and dozen Eneloop batteries are for the "self-contained bicycle lights and camera batteries" so that does not count either.
The Peak stainless Mediterranean/Baltics? Those were given to me at work to handle chemicals so I would not have to use/destroy my own lights. Yep, I only use them at work and did not purchase them. You got it, those don't count either.

$120 in flashlights
$40 for batteries/chargers
$500 in "self-contained bike lights"
$100 in "support equipment for bike lights and cameras"

Before you jump on me for being in denial, those objects that look like flashlights that are bicycle lighting are only used for bicycle lighting! My Ubin 1.7 watt L1P has never been used as a "flashlight" and the upcoming Quad XRE Mag will be mounted to the frame.

Totals are $190 for flashlights and $1,000 in bicycle lighting and suspension parts. Being a flashaholic is much cheaper than being a bikeaholic. :)

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I quit smoking, alot less than I used to spend on cigarettes annually. I used to smoke about 1/2 pack a day. At about $4 a pack that would equal approximately $730 a year. Hey smokeaholics.....thats alot of flashlights!!

Sable

Enlightened
I only have two or three "CPF Approved" lights, and the total so far is...

Uh...

Well, let's be honest. My better half and I dumped almost 6k into a home theatre system (not counting the enormous amounts of my time building it! :D).

So the 600 or so on flashlights probably isn't quite so much. Although when the mCree lights hit the streets, the 420 from an XR19C might be a suckerpunch to the wallet...

lucio

Newly Enlightened
in a very few months(less than 2) a bought a surefire p9 and a e2d,a ae powerlight 24w and now i just ordered a nuwai tm 5 watt(a like having a floody light) and a 2lt to move around the house.

the problem is that I started one month ago looking for a good light. i found some good reviews on mag(oh yeah,i bought a mag 3d too :grin2:) but when i realised that around there was a lot better i didn't resist and.. i really spent too much in too few considering i'm a non worker student.

my next one will be the tl-3,but not soon. now i'll just sell my mag and may be the 9p after enjoyng it a little and some other used stuff too cause i'm really broke.

chalshus

Newly Enlightened
slvoid said:
So far on actual flash lights, about maybe $300. If you include bike lights, about $1000.

Be glad lights is a cheap hobby. Along with photography, audio, and bicycles, you can easily drop a grand on a lens, 200 on a vacuum tube (luckily mine only uses 3 tubes), and 2 grand on a bicycle wheel.

About 400 USD each year for HID-light for the bike.

About 1000 USD each year for hifi.
Same amount on bikeparts.

Bought this yesterday:

BenQ%20PE8720.jpg

:rock:

bagman

Enlightened
I'm not posting an answer to his in case SWMBO comes across it :eek: