Shine your lights towards the heavens..

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LarryK12 will make an appearance tonight, and my air horn is coming out tomorrow morning.

They may not be human, but cats are people, too.

Pictures of Mariah?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pets have a habbit of becoming part of the familly...it's heart breaking when they die.
frown.gif

That said, if there is such a thing as "heaven" I'm certain that we'll all meet up with our little mates one day.
smile.gif

CFU

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got back from outside, i went to shine my G2 up for mariah, sorry to hear it..

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
Very sorry to learn of your loss! :awman:

I've lost pets (mainly cats) as well. I know how it feels!!

A few months ago, one of our cats had to be put to sleep due to cancer. That cat was very much a member of the family!

A very painful loss which is STILL being felt!!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What an adorable fluffy kitty...

Shined my LarryK12 into the sky a few minutes ago. Tomorrow morning, Mariah will get an air horn salute.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
My deepest condolences on your loss. A loss of a beloved animal can hurt just as much as the loss of a human being. Our pets are family members in every sense. I went through what you're going through now twice in the last few years so unfortunately I know the feeling all too well. Tiger passed at 15 years of age in October 2002, and Suzette went at 16 in August 2003. Tiger's sister Lucky is still around and relatively healthy, but at 19 years, 4 months who knows how much time she has left.

I also want to add that the first cat we ever had, Kimba, died in 1984 at age 13 from FIP. It was horrible way for him to go. He had been a companion of me and my siblings for much of my childhood all the way through my junior year at college.

Last edited:

goldenlight

Enlightened
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have 2 'home made' stone markers in my back yard, where my 2 cats were laid to rest under my lilac bushes. I just have one, now.

It's so very sad and unfair that we are destined to outlive our wonderful little furry companions. They bring so much love and happiness into our lives, but their time with us is all too short.

One of my cats lived to 18 years; I raised her from a 6 week old kitten.

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. Time is the only thing which will heal your pain.

I lurk on a Usenet newsgroup devoted to cats. The tradition there is to light a candle for a departed cat. I have a candleholder in the shape of a sleeping cat, curled up around the candle. It will burn all night long, in honor of Mariah.

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the condolences. I'm still taking it quite hard, we were very close. Yes, she is a Dollface Chinchilla Persian. You should have seen how big her eyes would get when she saw an insect. Also, I've changed my avatar to her picture of when she was a kitten.

Danbo

Enlightened
So sorry for your loss. :(

A couple of months ago, we came home from work to find our older female cat, Muffin, laying dead behind the couch. So, I know what you're going through, unfortunately. :(