• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 6 Sony EnergyTec 26650 li-ions, 2800mAh

jmw19

Newly Enlightened
Over the weekend, I carefuly disassembled a Toshiba Tecra 700CT battery, and found these 6 cells inside. The pack was labeled 10.8V, 5600mAh, so each cell should be a nominal 2800mAh.

These are unprotected, and have some age, though not that much usage. I can't recall the vintage of the laptop, but it mostly served desk duty on the AC adaptor.
I last charged the pack about 2 weeks ago, and every cell is reading 3.91V at present.

They weigh 83 grams each on my kitchen scale, and are basically a 4/3 C cell. One did suffer two minor digs in the plastic coating, but the steel can is unmarked. A dab of epoxy or nail polish for safety, and it should be fine.

Problem is, I don't have anything that could use these - I was hoping for some 18650s. From some research here, I found a possible sale thread at $30 each. Since these aren't new, and I can't guarantee their performance, how does $5 each sound, plus shipping? Will happily sell to the world, and trades are fine. I'd love a single 123 light, RCR-compatible a plus, or some Luxeons, or someone with a lathe could make me a 35mm closed cylinder heatsink for a project. Drop me a PM and let's deal.

Best,
Jon.