Home Depot Maglite sale until 12-13-06! I bought too many of them. Pic taken.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened
All MAG's 20% OFF at HOME DEPOT

Well, i couldn't resist the sale, and I bought a 3AA MINIMAG-LED for $19.03 + tax. All the other lights are on sale at 20% off regular prices; both LED and non-LED lights as well as sets and LED bulbs. You can buy a 4D LED for $23.97. Be sure to check it out this week in your local area.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: All MAG's 20% OFF at HOME DEPOT

20% off Mags, $15.99 Mag LED modules at our local K-Mart owned hardware store chain ... gotta resist ... gotta resist ...

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

WELL I had to check this out.

To my non-surprise, the entire shelf was cleaned, with the exception of a single 3AA MagLite and a 3D MagLED.

The former was 19-something, and the latter 18.88, 20% discount would be nice.

Nothing else was in stock.

I got both of them and at the checkout counter, they charged me 18.88 for the module, which I then didn't take.

I took apart the MagLite, with shaking hands stuffed 3 nice familiar colored Duracells that came with it, much like a smoker who hasn't had one since... Oh well, I haven't bought a light since Thanksgiving, when I got a whole case of them.

.... anxiously waiting to see the tint of it --- pure white!!! Wow. Reason is, the other 3AA I had was obviously different tint.
I also took my old 2AA and compared it next to these two - and saw something I hadn't noticed before - it was obviously blueish. And I thought it was a nice shade of white.

The Luxeon Lottery.

3AA is a real nice light, albeit less practical. If I could carry my EDC openly on the belt, I would take the 3AA I think. It'a also kind of easier to hold, being longer.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened

Comparing the 3AA mag to the 4AA streamlight PP, the mag is whiter and has more side spill, but not as bright in the spot. I havent tested the throw outside yet.

Newuser01

Enlightened

cary1952 said:
Comparing the 3AA mag to the 4AA streamlight PP, the mag is whiter and has more side spill, but not as bright in the spot. I havent tested the throw outside yet.
This is with alkies ? right? If you could do that and report back, would be great. May be even outdoor beam shots?

noob

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

Home Depot only carries one MiniMag LED and it is the 3AA version. On this ad, it is selling for something like $19.03 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

The store that I went to at the Milpitas Great Mall yesterday had a number of the Mag products marked down, but not all of them consistently. 2 and 4 cell LED modules were marked down 20%, but the 3 cell versions were $18.97. Additionally, I think the 4 cell MagLEDs had not yet been marked down. Couldn't get any help or explaination as they had no cashiers, only the self checkout, and the two cashiers that they had monitoring that did not appear to speak English. Did find that they had 4 packs of Energizer NiMH 2500 mAh batteries priced at something like $5.83 (these may not be the same ones that have previously been discussed on this site; while they are stamped "HR", the impression is fainter, and the packaging does indicate that they are Made in China.) The 4 packs are probably a closeout at a marked down price, as the 8 packs sitting right next to them were $17.87.

RedLed said:
Do they have the 3AA Mini Mag?

I bought one at Mega Lo Mart the other day for around $25.00

lightUup

Newly Enlightened

I just checked the ad for my local Home Depot and it looks like the Maglites aren't for sale in my area (I'm in San Francisco). :thumbsdow :scowl:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes it is. I just pulled up the circular for San Francisco and it's the same one as for San Jose. It's on the front page, lower left hand corner and has a picture of a MiniMag. It says "20% off all In-Stock Maglites"

The cashier at the store that I went to (the ones that didn't speak English) seemed to have problem understanding the text, so she was only able to associate the picture and SKU number, and also insisted that it only applied to the MiniMag. Actually I was kind of surprised that Home Depot would hire non-English speakers in customer contact positions. Anyway, the ad itself is right on the front page and it should pretty much be nationwide.

I'm not in the City very often these days, is there a Home Depot within the city limits or would it be the one out by Serra Center?

lightUup said:
I just checked the ad for my local Home Depot and it looks like the Maglites aren't for sale in my area (I'm in San Francisco). :thumbsdow :scowl:

lightUup

Newly Enlightened

Brighteyez said:
Yes it is. I just pulled up the circular for San Francisco and it's the same one as for San Jose. It's on the front page, lower left hand corner and has a picture of a MiniMag. It says "20% off all In-Stock Maglites"

The cashier at the store that I went to (the ones that didn't speak English) seemed to have problem understanding the text, so she was only able to associate the picture and SKU number, and also insisted that it only applied to the MiniMag. Actually I was kind of surprised that Home Depot would hire non-English speakers in customer contact positions. Anyway, the ad itself is right on the front page and it should pretty much be nationwide.

I'm not in the City very often these days, is there a Home Depot within the city limits or would it be the one out by Serra Center?
The nearest one near me would be in Daly City. The second nearest me is in Colma.

Ok, I just rechecked the ad carefully and I see it! Damn, I'm blind! :lolsign: I think I missed it because I was too excitied about the sale. :naughty:

I'm probably going to head out tomorrow and grab myself a few Mini Mag LEDs!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just remember that HD only carries the 3AA version (which is okay since it is the better performing version.)

lightUup said:
I'm probably going to head out tomorrow and grab myself a few Mini Mag LEDs!

lightUup

Newly Enlightened

Brighteyez said:
Just remember that HD only carries the 3AA version (which is okay since it is the better performing version.)
For a few weeks now, I was going to head to Fry's and get the 2AA version because it uses an even number of batteries, is shorter, and cheaper. The 2AA version at Fry's costs about $21 and the 3AA version costs about $24. Since Home Depot is selling the 3AA version at about Fry's 2AA cost, I might as well go get the 3AA version.

How much of a brightness difference can I expect between the 3AA and 2AA?

Thx!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is easily distinguishable, so it's probably approaching twice as much.

lightUup said:
How much of a brightness difference can I expect between the 3AA and 2AA?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I checked a Home Depot in my area today and they had a display area with all of their M*g products set up, but everything was marked at regular price.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some stores may discount it at the register. Were you able to ask anyone who might be able to provide you with an answer?

PhotonWrangler said:
I checked a Home Depot in my area today and they had a display area with all of their M*g products set up, but everything was marked at regular price.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened

The 3AA miniLED has about 50% more throw and more overall output. The beam is nice and smooth. No rings when focused. My copy is VERY white. HD only has 3AA and 4D LED MAGS in stock. However it has ALL the regular MAGS, ie. AAA, AA, 2C , 3D, 4D, and 2D and 4D LED bulbs. With the 20% off sale, you can build a nice 2C MAG LED for around $27.00. Just buy the body and a bulb. I built PURPLE 2C LED this summer, and I really like it. My store only had black bodies in stock. No real choice of colors this time around.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

3AA - more spill & throw, lumens and runtime

What, HD has no 2AA?

lightr07

Newly Enlightened

Just got back from getting a 3AA MagLED and i'm impressed, On the note of things not being marked the shelf at my store wasnt marked either which leads me to guess that everything is being marked down at the register but just in case i would take a print out of your local ad to show just in case they ask you for the full price :whistle:

(P.S I'm not sure if its just my store but my local HD had both the 2AA and 3AA LED Mag's)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

The ad is actually at the checkout register of many of the stores. First I've heard of the 2AA version being at Home Depot. You're sure it wasn't the 2AA incandescent?

The store that I went to yesterday actually had the prices changed on the racks with the reduced pricing pasted over the original shelf price. I'm guessing, but it appears that that particular store may be unilaterally excluding some items from the cost reduction.

Though from what I've seen of Home Depot lately, I suppose they could be in a K-Mart self-destruct mode and may be giving Lowes the boost they need to expand. Just kind of hard to believe that the nation's 2nd largest retailer is taking itself into a nose dive.

lightr07 said:
J just in case i would take a print out of your local ad to show just in case they ask you for the full price

Last edited: