1Watt R-binned Luxeon LED vs. T-binned Luxeon III LED?

whc

Enlightened
Hi all, I am looking for a new pocket flashlight, and my choice has come to either Fenix L0P SE (now on sale) or Fenix L0D. I can't really see any difference in specks, other than the L0D has 2 more settings (strobe and SOS), and that the L0D uses a T-binned Luxeon III LED vs. the R-binned Luxeon LED on the L0P SE.

What really is the difference between the T-binned Luxeon III LED and the R-binned Luxeon LED???

Is the L0D really more powerful and worth the extra money (quite expensive compared to the L0P SE, and don't really care for the extra two settings).

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
they should be about equal if both are driven at same current. Now there is variations in the flux bins too, (a range) so lottery still applies.

thezman

Enlightened
LOD is able to use 3.7v Li-Ion rechargable batteries, the LOPSE is not rated for them.

whc

Enlightened
Ok, thanks for the replies. Just bought the L0P SE to day, ant it is wary nice (and at a wary nice price :)).

I also bought at L1T, wary nice as well. I though think that the L1T has an error, it is inside the head, there is some "scratches" kind of deep, I don't know if they should be there, or the head on mine is damaged? See pictures below, is that normal?

DSC01072.JPG

DSC01069.JPG

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont see the scratches?? If you mean the bare threads inside the head, thats supposed to be there as it's how it makes contact and does the dual stage..

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he means above the threads where it should be smooth and have black ano. This is where the o-ring sits while the light is together, it may make the light less waterproof.