BJ's Wholesale Club still no good LED choices

lightinsky

Enlightened
Was in BJ's the other day here in the Northeast US and noticed that they had a pair of 1 Watt Tasco Led 3AA lights for 20 dollars. Wish they had more to choose from besides the Tasco's and the Incan Mag lights. At least Costco has the Inova XO2 which would be nice to have access to without being a member but you can't unless you are. BJ's allows 1 day passes at 5% more cost but at least you can buy if you are not a member unlike Costco.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have some Stanley tripod flashlights (standard size and a mini), interesting for household work, but a lot to spend for 5mm LED technology.

tron3

Banned
BJ's is not different than most (food) retailers. They sell stuff that seems like a good vaule, but isn't of the highest caliber.

Companies which sell "only the best" typically don't thrive as stores because of price.... unless your name is Sharper Image.

While America does have some very well made items, and prepared foods, it is NOTHING like the way they could make it. Their quality standards are based on what the FDA approves of, and is rarely higher.

Before such laws were enacted it was not uncommon to find bugs in your food, rotting meat, or have plaster mixed into your peanut butter.

cbdudley

Enlightened
I purchased a pair of the Tasco 3 AA 1 watt lights, and found them to be excellent! They come with high quality alkaline batteries - a great deal for $10 apiece. I liked them so much that I bought another half dozen for Christmas gifts.

My local BJ's (Mechanicsville, VA) also has the Sylvania Dot-It lights in a 3-pack for $20.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Tasco's are the only LED lights I've found at our BJ's. They do have pretty good gasoline prices, though.

Geoff