A-Car-In-The-Air

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
fd262192.jpg

Or rather on a wire
winkie.GIF

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a pic of recent 10-45 our rescue responded to.

It is kind of hard to see, but the gentleman driving this vehicle is still in it.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh...I've seen similar problems...The car is balancing on the telephone pole support/guy wire that goes from the ground to the pole. I've never seen the car actually balance like that...What are the odds? Goofy....

--dan

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way back in 1966, I was out joy riding with some pals and came upon a bunch of flashing emergency lights. It was behind a bowling alley parking lot that was rather large and fronted on a lake. Being of that young age, we had to go see what was up. As we got closer and could see spotlights on a bizzare night landscape. There was a 1959 V8 Ford standing on it's rear end, leaning on the utility pole, hood towards the pole at a 50deg angle. After I got over my initial shock, I reconized the car as one owned by my friend Pete. I thought from the looks of things, he was badly injured. I saw him and walked over to him and he was holding a bandage to his elbow. I asked him what happened and he told me he was trying to scare his passenger by driving toward the lake at high speed and turned the wheel at the last moment but he did not see the guy wire he road up on. As the car reached the top and stopped, it spun off the wire to one side and ended up with the hood resting on the pole. The two people fell through the rear window (no seat belts at that time) with only minor bangs and bumps. Then he asked me where I was as he was looking for me to ride with him earlier. Whew, I was happy he did not find me.

Sorry if I was long winded but that pic remined me of times gone by.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ahh, vehicles in very precarious positions... Reminds me of a Porsche 911 I once saw in a ravine off Interstate 95 in a desolate part of a Southern state many years ago.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Originally posted by fc-fire/rescue:
This is a pic of recent 10-45 our rescue responded to.

It is kind of hard to see, but the gentleman driving this vehicle is still in it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So is a 10-45 the code for "you gotta see this one, bring everybody!", or "some moron got his car stuck on a wire again"?
smile.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would ypu like to see a diifferent angle? How about two or three? I'll upload the pics later this weekend...

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Originally posted by fc-fire/rescue:
Would ypu like to see a diifferent angle? How about two or three? I'll upload the pics later this weekend...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I sure would. And tell us the story of what happend.

It looks like someone parked near the guy wire and when they went to leave they didn't see the wire, backed into it and paniced and hit the gas hard sending the car up the wire.