River Rock 1xAA - possible to mod?

Bob

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a RR 1xAA and really like the size. BUT, I don't like the extremely tight beam. Is it possible to change the lens? I have been unable to unscrew the head. Seems like if you could get in there you could swap the lens for one out of minimag or some other light. Or maybe even polish the existing lens down to give a broader, more even light. Advice please.
Bob

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen their 1xAA version. I can't seem to find a picture of it either. Could you post a pic please?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the short ansswer is no. Someone reported on trying to mod the 2AA RR LED light which produces a spot beam with a lens in front and found out that the lens was press fit in and couldn't be removed without damaging it. If the 1AA is build the same way, I'd expect it to be also very difficult to remove.

Don't have one, just what I recall from an earlier post...

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
LowBat said:
I haven't seen their 1xAA version. I can't seem to find a picture of it either. Could you post a pic please?

it's sold at Target for $12.99 (next to the maglites).

but i cant find a pic on google.

i'm trying to find out if it's regulated, since it doesnt say so on the package. (but the 2aa version says it's regulated.)

edit:
found pic

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9200/img10351tz.jpg

Last edited:

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
LowBat said:
Thanks for the pic fstuff. I must have missed them the last time I was at Target.

i bought it, but havent opened it yet.

still trying to figure out if it's regulated or not. (River Rock doesnt have a web site?!)

Marlite

Enlightened
Bob said:
I just bought a RR 1xAA and really like the size. BUT, I don't like the extremely tight beam. Is it possible to change the lens? I have been unable to unscrew the head. Seems like if you could get in there you could swap the lens for one out of minimag or some other light. Or maybe even polish the existing lens down to give a broader, more even light. Advice please.
Bob

Hi Bob

If this is the same as the Nuwai 310 which was very popular and had a big brother 2AA in the same style the head can be removed and modded and beam widened. Certainly not with my skills, but Lambda, now on his own forum did this mod and got "great brightness in a 1AAA mod see Item #'s 12 and 13 for your needs. OK? This site shows pics just scroll to the bottom to his mods, they sold fast.

http://home.mchsi.com/~lambda_lights/index.htm

Happy New Year
marlite

Last edited: