HuntLight FT-02

Mad1

Enlightened
Anyone got any experence with this light?

On Lighthounds site it says it can accept 4.2volts but they don't recommend using RCR's, has anyone used RCR's in this light?

Also how does it compair to Nextorch's Magic Max which uses CR2's and AA's

Thanks.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Mad1 said:
On Lighthounds site it says it can accept 4.2volts but they don't recommend using RCR's, has anyone used RCR's in this light?

I think there are a few people around here who tried that. Being able to do something has nothing to do with recommending something. The electronics can be good for the 4.2V, but there might be heat issues or something like that.

vic303

Enlightened
I have the light & like it a lot! I do not run RCLi-ions in it though. Only primary cr123 or NiMh AAs.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a review on the first generation FT02X, https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/128270

I run the light on a RCR123.

dsc02766smalloe3.jpg

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use RCR123's in mine (unprotected). The light gets hot after 4 or 5 minutes, so I would advise holding onto it while in use to conduct heat away. I get about 25 minutes runtime from a 800mAh battery. I've had some issues with flickering on RCR123, but I think it's just contact problem.

I normally carry mine in my briefcase with an RCR123 battery loaded, which works great for the typical short bursts of use. I also carry two CR123 primaries and the 2AA body loaded with lithiums for backup.

I can't imagine why the light would bleed power out of 2AA NiMHs. I've not stored mine like this though--I'm going to try and see what happens.

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who says you can't buy more than 1 light.....I have the FT-02xj...and it is extremely bright and white on 1 rcr123a 3.7 volt (unreg). Gets warm quick...30 minute run time...but this light rocks! it's brighter than most of my larger 2 cell lights. Keep a few 123a's around just to empty them...