My Inova XO3 crapped out!

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else noticed how quickly the Inova XO3 batteries run down? This surprised me. Also what surprised me was how the tailcap tactical activitaor quit. Looks like I'm gonna have to order a new one!

LEDoutlet

Newly Enlightened
I have the same thing with how quickly the batteries run down, it seems like i just put in new batteries and i'm already wondering why it's so dim... oh well, still a good light! :grin2:

Wyeast

Enlightened
Rusty Joe said:
Has anyone else noticed how quickly the Inova XO3 batteries run down? This surprised me. Also what surprised me was how the tailcap tactical activitaor quit. Looks like I'm gonna have to order a new one!

batteries should last about 2 hours or so, iirc. As for the tailcap button going out - try cleaning the contacts (i use the pink eraser on the end of a pencil) - it was a pretty well known problem with X5's, I assume the same thing could be happening with other Inova designs.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were you using the original batteries when you wrote that they ran down quickly? If so, part of their capacity was used up by customers testing the XO3s in the store.

I measured a current consumption of 350 - 361 milliamps on the XO2, which employs two CR123A batteries. What is the current consumed by the XO3?

To improve the tailcap action on my XO2, X5, and similar, I used very fine sandpaper to remove the slight over anodizing on the edge of the flashlight barrel. Then, I used spray contact cleaner on:

- the plunger center contact (buried deep within the flashlight barrel)
- the inside of the tailcap
- both the positive and negative ends of each battery