Maha MH-C9000 Disassembled

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Here's the inside of the MH C9000 charger. It contains three subassemblies - the PCB, the LCD display and the one piece switch actuator:

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

LCD.jpg

Last edited:

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
thats it?.........hmmmmm, i feel ripped off now, i was expecting some Ram slots and a Hard drive...................thx for showing.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the way you make it.

Believe me, the fewer parts the better.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Each slot has it's own separate switching power supply-very nice and exactly as it should be. Also, liberal use of ground planes and bypassing seems adequate. Looks like a few commodity ICs (opamps?) are on that board. Fine by me-using proven chips is always good. Seems to be a great design overall.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you show the other side of the LCD, you know... where the LIGHT EMITTER is?

This is the candle power forums, you know! :)

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
EngrPaul said:
Can you show the other side of the LCD, you know... where the LIGHT EMITTER is?

This is the candle power forums, you know! :)

I didn't deem my other shots exciting enough for posting, but, if you insist:

Side.jpg

LCD2.jpg

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks ELM. It seems that Red/Black wire goes into some sort of thin white wafer. Hmmm.....

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Sheesh. Haven't I done enough by ripping apart my new charger before using it even once so you can see it's guts? Now you want me to disembowel the display just so you can see where the wires go? I'd have to be crazy to do that.

LCD3.jpg

LCD4.jpg

It's pretty much your standard LCD "sandwich" - the liquid crystal display is mated against the driver/backlight (the white ceramic piece). There are about 24 contacts between the driver and LCD. But because the signals are multiplexed, only a pair of wires are required for the assembly itself. If this is all mumbo-jumbo sounding, you can search the web on how a liquid crystal display works.

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Phatboyc said:
Can someone point me the heat sensors?

I'm guessing TS1 - TS4 are the heat sensors (thermistors?)

Sensor.jpg

If the images aren't showing up, just do a refresh and that should work. I don't have much bandwidth and my damn roomate spends 25 hours a day downloading DVD's. I've considered beating him to death, but have decided against it because:

1 - It's not right.
2 - I'd be the only suspect.
3 - I need his retirement check to help with the rent.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:
That's the way you make it.

Believe me, the fewer parts the better.

I actually thought there would be less parts than what's shown. Not being familiar with the chargers features, I would expect that with this level of sophistication, it would also do my dishes :nana: