• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nuwai Q3 Cree Heat Sinks (All Sold) Interest for more?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSC00090.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

I have three heat sinks I made for the Nuwai Q3 for use with the new Cree LEDs. I made some extras when I followed TB's example. They are .330" tall and a perfect fit inside the Q3 body. One of the 3 has holes drilled for Round base LEDs. The other two I can drill for your choice for either Star or Round or both if you like. The counterbore on the back allows use with the stock Q3 board and I believe Flupics as well. I hand lapped the tops for as flat and smooth a surface as possible. I learned this technique when building PCs. The flatter and smoother the surface the better the contact and thermal transfer between the CPU and heat sink or in this case LED and heat sink. The one on the bottom left in the picture has not had it's final lapping. I will do that after I drill the holes.

To mod your Q3 with a Cree you will need to be able to slightly enlarge the hole in the reflector as well as remove some material from the back of it. If you don't have access to a lathe you could sand the back of the reflector to remove the material. As far as enlarging the hole goes I guess there are several ways... dremmel, drill press etc..

Guys the amount of light that a R123a and the stock board puts out is incredible!

I would like to get $12 a piece shipped to the U.S. (All 3 SOLD)

As usual the first ,"I'll take it" gets it.

MM

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai Q3 Cree Heat Sinks ($12 shipped)

MM - PM sent. Kirk

edit: I will take one. PP to follow shortly.

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nuwai Q3 Cree Heat Sinks ($12 shipped)

I'll take the other two if you drill them for stars.

myk

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai Q3 Cree Heat Sinks (All Sold)

Mirage,

how different are these from the regular Q3 heat sink I bought from you previously? am I SOL if I was going to try and use my heatsink to put a cree in?

L

LITEmania

No rings with stock reflector ?
Awesome...if yes. :thumbsup:

Nell

Enlightened

Any possibilities of any more? I would love one to upgrade my upgraded Q3 with a Cree.

Thanks.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

myk said:
Mirage,

how different are these from the regular Q3 heat sink I bought from you previously? am I SOL if I was going to try and use my heatsink to put a cree in?

These are taller which put the Cree LED higher up into the reflector for better focus and hotspot.

Any possibilities of any more? I would love one to upgrade my upgraded Q3 with a Cree.

Thanks.

If there is enough interest I certainly can make some more.

MM

Last edited:

Nell

Enlightened

Mirage_Man said:
These are taller which put the Cree LED higher up into the reflector for better focus and hotspot.

If there is enough interest I certainly can make some more.

MM

Interest, yes. Me! Any more interest out there?

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

LITEmania said:
No rings with stock reflector ?
Awesome...if yes. :thumbsup:
The beam pattern is perfect...IMHO this is the best low $$$ light to mod with the Cree.

TB