Do you EDC at home?

tron3

Banned
The reason I ask is because I've seen a number of threads where people confess to having flashlights stashed all over the house.

I, on the other hand, always carry a Fenix LOx in my pocket. It is plenty of light to guide me to a bigger light if the lights suddenly go out. Even a (ugh) Photon light would work if you want something small.

How do you guys do it? Pocket EDC at home, or stash lights like a squirrel?

Last edited:

RebelRAM

Enlightened
The answer is YES!

Sure I have plenty of lights stashed all over the house, but there are times when I am working on something in the house and can't put down whatever I'm working on and need a light right then and there. If I am near one of my other lights I might pick one of those up instead. My EDC gear is put in my pockets when I get up every morning and stays in my pockets until I go to bed at night.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, my Arc-P is round my neck and my HDS is is in it's concealco holster on my belt.

Several other lights are stashed around the house.

CFU

cdosrun

Enlightened
Yes, it is just part of getting dressed in the morning. These days I have four torches on me all the time, ironic really considering I came here to find a smaller, less intrusive replacement for the modded Mini-Mag I used to carry. I'm sure the four smaller torches are more than equal in volume to the old one.

Andrew

blake711

Newly Enlightened
If I have pants on with a pocket I EDC. Otherwise their is normally a light always within a few feet.

Blake

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sure. Lately the Fenix E1 is my light of choice for home EDC. Of course there are plenty of other lights here and there.

Geoff

Dijon

Newly Enlightened
I have lights everywhere but I am now getting inspiration to carry continuous, would this be EBC (Every Breath Carry)?

mooman

Newly Enlightened
A few years ago I got home from working late; about 0300. I heard my son walking down the upstairs hallway. I walked upstairs just in time to see him blowing chunks all over the hallway, stomach flu. I started to walk towards him to take him to the bathroom when the power went out, pitch black. My flashlight was in my bedroom on the far end of a dark minefield of puke. Fenix P1 in my pocket at all times now.:grin2:

Walt175

Enlightened
I always have at least 1 light with me since the only time I remove my Chimo modded ARC from it's neck carry is when I'm asleep or in the shower.

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
If I'm dressed then I've got my normal lights on me, when I put my pants on in the morning, the lights go in the pockets...

If I'm running around in Pajamas, etc... I usually have no lights on me... our house is pretty good for having some light still when theres a power outage, at least for a minute or 2, and I can navigate it pretty well in the dark... I've got a small emergency light in my room with the flashlights as well as 3 computers all on battery, so you can usually see the light from this room in most the other rooms and be able to get to it and get a light.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually carry a two-level light with me around the house. I like to have a bright light for use outside if needed, but I want a dim option for walking around dark areas inside the house. Usually it is one of the following:

L2P w/CR123 body & modified two-level switch (this is the most usual EDC)
L2T
Huntlight FT-01 w/modified two-level switch

If I'm carrying a single-level bright light, I will back it up with an Infinity Ultra.

Traglite

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting for LEDs to be implanted into our skin, running off the energy from our bodies, and linked to our brains for on/off. Then I will be a true EDC. Ha!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the time when I'm at home, I'm in my pajamas, so no pockets. When I have pockets, I always have a light on me...usually either my Vital Stream, Spiderfire, or Huntlight FT-01. When I don't have pockets, about 70% of the time, I'm carrying one of the afore-mentioned lights in my hand to whatever destination (kitchen, bathroom, etc.) during the day. At night, I have a light on me always, even without a pocket. Nah, don't always (or usually even) need it and my wife finds me awkward, but I'm justifying it by saying it's saving us on electricity bills by using my flashlights instead of always turning on the lights.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I keep flashlights stashed in strategic locations; the garments I use typically don't have pockets.
So the answer is: generally no.

I do keep a Proton on the night table on low red mode every single night, so I guess I do ENC (every night carry) at home.

Last edited:

lightplay22

Enlightened
Yes- HDS in pocket at all times and when in my night robe, its hanging on the waistband/belt.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
At home or not, I always have a Photon Freedom in NV Green in the cradle on a short bead chain around my neck. I still slip an old green CMG Infinity or turquoise Pak-lite into my pocket sometimes, too.

pete7226

Enlightened
I always edc a TW4 and a Gerber griptillian Tanto, 9 out of 10 times at home I wear my .38 snubby, even while relaxing. I've gotten so use to carrying a gun that I feel naked without it. My philosphy is that its better to be armed that to have to get armed.

infection0

Newly Enlightened
I ENC (carry at night, or when I think it will get dark before I get home) my most powerful light (not hard since they're all AA form factor except this cheap 3AAA one) and keep my older AA lights in my room with batteries in case I need to come back for them. This will of course be the Jetbeam when I get it. It used to be my WF-602A1, now it's the huge Elly that causes a bulge in my pocket. I would like a LOD when it comes out to replace my AA carry lights, as they're getting too fat to fit in my pockets.