Pocket/purse sized tigerlight

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody have any info about this light? Is it a decent light on top of the OC capabilities?
I want to get one for my wife, and perhaps for myself as well. BUT, I want to make sure it is both a good light and a good OC dispenser...not a mediocre of both stuck together. From what I know of tigerlight, I don't think I should fear too much.

Any input? Any word on availability?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK,

Having toured the Tigerlight facility, and having met the men in charge, I can say this:

The new light will meet the standard that the standard Tigerlight has created. It will NOT be a toy, but a legitimate non-lethal force multiplier.

This light has spent years in development, and will be released when all the parts and pieces meet that quality standard.

How's that for info!

Bill

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got off the phone over there. If all goes on schedule, it should be released May 1, and available to the puclic shortly thereafter. It will be interesting to watch.

London

Newly Enlightened
retail is supposed to be >$60.00 which may still seem like an expensive goodie for the mass consumer market, but Michael is adamant that it's an excellent combination of two essential items (high quality oc and high quality short range light) and considering the merits of his existing products we have no reason to doubt!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tigerlight has been creating a buzz over it for months now in their newsletter.

Aside from curiosity, I can see the device to be a step toward legitamizing the mentality among most LE agencies that civilians don't deserve CCW rights, just imagine all the CLEOs say "well missy, you can just get one of them Tiglight lights, great for the purse!!"

I like my tigerlight, don't get me wrong. But Tigerlight is in it pretty deep with the Law Enforcement community. Devices like this can be a death sentence to the recent wave of pro-CCW legislations (which will never reach California).

I don't know if anyone would agree with me, I kinda doubt it. Oh well.

London

Newly Enlightened
270, you remind us "gun-folk" that we need to be ever vigilant in preservation of our precious right to be armed. so many in our populace get lazy and don't help us all as they should. At the same time I do hope that such intermediate force options as the new tigerlight do remain accessible since they are much needed by our Citizens that can't afford a firearm or don't have the training/willingness to learn such a tool. WE need all the tools we can get!

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I absolutely agree that the non(less) lethal alternatives can be used as a anti CCW tool, there are those (such as my wife) that WILL NOT for ANY reason, carry a gun. If I could convince her to carry the tigerlight, I would feel a little better. If I could convince her that it needs to be in her hand (not her purse) when she is walking to her car downtown at 10PM, I would feel a little more better.
We shall see.
I look forward to seeing the product.