you are not going to believe what i found out last night... KL3+KT4

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
well guys last night i was bored and was trying to go to sleep but i couldnt so i started playing with my new KL3 head i took it off the G2 and stuck it on my LU60 adapter, well if any of you have had an LU60 then you will know what i am talking about when i say it is hard to get off. so i was trying to get it off when i thought i felt the seal on the KL3 head at the bottum give out. so i hurried up and screwed it back on cuz i new i had just vioded the warranty. but i thought no since i already vioded it why not take a look at it, so i took it off againand i thought to my self,"boy those threads sure do look like they would fit on my M3T head," so i put my KT4 head on it and it fit. so know i basically have a surefire C-M adapter so my KT4 haed can now fit on my G2. an it looks slick to.

But that not the only part i thought now what am i going to do with the half a KL3 haed? then i thought why not try putting it on my M3 body. so i put it on and it fit but it wouldnt light up so i thought maybe i had ruined my new KL3 head. but then i thought maybe i need to stretch out the spring so it will make better contact, and it worked after a couple of times tring it lit up. and it looks soooooo cool almost like a shrunken down KL6 head. the only problem i can see is that it isnt quet long enough so now there is a small gap and you can see a little bit of the o-ring on the M3 body, but nothing a spacer wont fix :grin2:

So what do you all think? i really wish i had a camera to take a picture of both of them, but i dont.

thanks for reading!

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
So I can't help wondering and worrying.........did you get any sleep?

Actually I'm sure it was all very cool but I can't fully appreciate it because I don't have those lights and heads to go do it myself but I really can picture it all working out! Awesome!

mspeterson

Enlightened
Hey BB- Nice!!!!
That never even occured to me.... It worked fine on both of my lights, the KL3 lit right up on my M3, just had to screw the SWO1 in a little more than usual, no streching neccessary. I got the same small gap as you described and like you said, no problem. My C-M adaptor is very tight to get on and off, I ended up taking the whole KL3 apart and not really by choice! On the C3, everything fit and functioned perfectly. Now for some pics......

P1230001.jpg

P1230009.jpg

P1230010.jpg

P1230013.jpg

I think I might take all of my Surefire lights apart and roll around in the legos for a while.......

Mad1

Enlightened
Right I know what i'm buying next. :D

Thanks for sharing your findings, benchmade_boy/mspeterson, this forum is great. :)

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Thats' awesome, now I'm looking for a C3 or M3 body!
i was going to put in my first post that this is going to make KDOG3 want an m3 even more, but i thought i would be nice and wait till you chimed in.:laughing:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire lego's, I tell ya! Benchmade Boy stay up tonight and put together a pseudo
Titan would ya!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
benchmade_boy said:
i was going to put in my first post that this is going to make KDOG3 want an m3 even more, but i thought i would be nice and wait till you chimed in.:laughing:

LOL! Is it that obvious?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE!!! I should be getting my KL3 any day now, and I already have an LU60 for my M951XM weaponlight........cant wait to see what it looks like mounted on the AR!!!
Good lookin out though, I've never seen anyone do that before. Nice to know I have EVEN MORE interchangable surefire parts!!!!!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose you could sand down/grind down the thread end of the M3 body to get the KL3 head to screw all the way down. If done right, it shouldn't affect anything since we're only talking about a millimeter....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a minute! Does that mean that the KL3 head will fit on a M6??? That would be SICK! Since the batteries are 2 sets of 3 in parallel, it should work and the runtime would be INSANE! Muahahahaha!

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Wait a minute! Does that mean that the KL3 head will fit on a M6??? That would be SICK! Since the batteries are 2 sets of 3 in parallel, it should work and the runtime would be INSANE! Muahahahaha!
you know how long the runtime would be on an M6! and not only the runtime but since it is a kl3 it would have like 12 hours of absolutly flat regulation. do you think it may blow the led in the head?