Tactical light with specific req's....

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I'm looking for a BRIGHT but small (no bigger than an X5, .9" or under, the Arc is a little big for my taste in the bezel area) tactical light. Must be 60 Lumens or more (pref over 80) LED based, a tail switch (momentary like SF a plus, but will accept Momentary like Fenix), AA's would be a plus, but will accept 123 or even a rechargeable if the batt's and charger are included and fairly readily avail for replacement.

The SF L2 looks good but is a bit long. The Regular SL NF-2 would be perfect if it was LED and slightly smaller head.

Not concerned with price at all.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

The Surefire L4 comes to mind... should meet all your requirements.

If you can wait until Feb. 5, the Fenix L2D-CE will do what you want with AA batteries, but for now I don't think you will find an AA battery light that fits your requirements.

Best wishes,
Bawko

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
what is the length of the l2d? I hate the Over lapping specs!!!!

Why not just put N/A!!!!

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
I agree that based on your requirements, the SF L4 is perfect. I use mine on duty, and other than not having a good holster for it, it is my favorite.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
What is the head diameter of the L4?I found it!!!

Can the L4 Head be turned down any?

I didnt realize the L4 was shorter than the L2!!!!

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF L4 all the way - much skinner than an X5 and considerably shorter than the L2 because of the simpler switch. Still one of my favorites of the 100's of models we carry.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
This actually looks great!!!

PalmBlaze K2 Flashlight 130 Lumens! I like that it's one diameter rather than a step to the bezel.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
100 lumens from the L4 and 130 Lumens from a PID- CE... is there an actual disparity in the light or just in ratings?

HammerSandwich

Newly Enlightened
Quickbeam's P1D-CE measured brighter than the L4. BTW, did you ever meet James' friend Greg? He just got a P1D-CE and still lives in BR.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SKYWLKR - The PalmBlaze is VERY impressive, especially for the price. There's a few active threads about if for an independent perspective. :)

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
HammerSandwich said:
Quickbeam's P1D-CE measured brighter than the L4. BTW, did you ever meet James' friend Greg? He just got a P1D-CE and still lives in BR.
I havent meet greg I dont think...

Flashaholics are few and far between, is he a freak, a freak like me???

:)

I know of the ratings are higer but how bout in reality and indpendent measure???

hm...

I wonder if LED museum or Flashlight reviews is still around.... I have'nt been here in a while...

Off to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of Google....