168s for U2 & L4?

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my 168s today and immedietally checked for fit in my L4 and U2. I guess there is a mixed result since it fits very snugly in the L4, but does fit and work. However, my U2 which I purchased a year and a half ago is a different story. It does not seem to have the proverbial removable tube everyone has talked about. However, it appears to be machined slightly smaller near the tailcap so as to prevent the battery from entering. It only extends up into the body for about 1/2 inch. If I can get it past this point I know the battery will fit fine with no problems. I was thinking of using a drill with sand paper to hone it out. The solution has probably already been posted a dozen times. So if this is a rhetorical question please forgive me in advance. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Paul

:huh2:

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
The head of my U2 was cranked on pretty tight out of the box. Use strap wrenches if you have them so you won't mar then finish. I dinged up my brand new U2, because I wrapped my channel lock pliers with blue tape, but didn't notice the teeth tearing through the tape and gouging my U2!!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tips guys. Since the head is on so tight I wasn't sure if it did or did not come off the body. I well attempt to remove it without using pliers since I do not want to scratch it. The strap wrench idea sounds pretty good.

Paul

:grin2:

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what worked really well for my when i accidentally (my U2 had to be SF repaired for a seriously tight ring (needed glove to turn it)) turned the ring to brighten it up it tightened the threads too much. I had a piece of rope I wound with my cousins out of really tiny string I just wrapped that around the light and used that for grip. Worked great.