Surefire threading= nice piece of HA missing from my new KT2..

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got my new KT2 in and I decide to screw it on my C3 body..well I wasn't paying attention and heard a grinding noise. It rubs against the clip...Anyone else experience this?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a KT-1 (same head, different lamp assembly) and used in on my M2. I did not hace thisproblem.

I'd suggest either pulling the clip (I have found them unusable on my 3x123 cell lights) or pull it and reset it.

Remove the o-ring, then pull off the clip (watch for the little black piece of plastic that lies underneath the clip). You can then reinstall it, if you wish, pushing it in far enough to clear the KT-1 collar.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did that, now it screws in all the way. Thanks..don't know why the clip interfered with it in the first place. The threads on this C3 body have always been rough

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:goodjob:

Glad to help, and glad it all worked out.

Have you lubed the threads yet? That should help.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lubed them with everything I can get my hands on, from militech grease to plain silicone gel. Grinds a little.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed on a SF u2 body that I sold that the beginning of the thread was cut then backed off and recut leavin ga vary wierd lip on the body, works fien but looks odd.