Favourite Fenix torch?

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Like nearly everyone I was blown away by my first L1 (couldn't wait for an L1P), and couldn't believe the light output and build quality from such an inexpensive 1AA torch. With the recent arrival of my L1D-CE and L2D-CE, I've pretty much owned most of the Fenix product line (apart from the E torches which I couldn't be bothered with).

I've generally been impressed with most of them and underwhelmed by a couple.

Favourite: A tough call, but I'd have to say L1D-CE. Really well built and quality controlled (eg not a speck of dust on reflector); incredibly bright; well regulated; great white tint; well thought out UI; refocussable beam; useful with anything AA shaped. As close to perfect as Fenix have come up with, and it'll be interesting to see where they can go from here.

Least favourite: I have to say P1D-CE. Maybe I got one from a dodgy early batch, but I can't see how this one got past the QC people... incredibly sloppy threads; irritatingly ringy beam, not adjustable; quirky UI; LED off centre etc. This light had so much promise, let down by uncharacteristically poor build quality.

Obviously these are only my opinions, and you might have had better or worse experiences with other Fenix torches. I'd be interested to know what you all think.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Definitely the L2D-CE - of all the fenix torches I've bought - this is the only one I would not be willing to part with. I really can't fault it, even when I'm in a foul mood, so it must be good.

brighter

Newly Enlightened
My first Fenix came today into my mailbox! It's LOD-CE! Everything I have to say about this light is very positive and it automatically became my favorite pocket light... untill 10440's arrives for WOW effect, I salute You all, Fenix fan's!!!

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Have to say P1D CE! For the size and light putput it is my favorite among my lights! I dont like the twisty part at all, and when using it you are afraind of dropping it, hopfully that will cure when I get a new body and clicky on!

Wneh thats done, it will be the same size as the L1D CE and have alot of more output!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite has been the E1-47...good brightness, with great run time.

I have the LOP-Ti...but it seems to expensive to carry around daily.

I have the L2T and a 123 adapter...very nice light. But to long for me to carry daily...and to short in 123 form to handle comfortably. Love the brightness...never flickers or gives me any trouble.

My boss has the L1T (gave it to him for a wedding present) and he has come to absolutly love it. He will turn the van around and head back home if he has forgot it...just like his cell phone. Feels naked when it`s not on his belt. But I think he has forgotten who gave it to him...if I grab his light while working he seems upset...and suggest I use my own light. It`s on my key chain (the E1-47) and sometimes is not practical to use or bright enough. But I`m happy he loves it so much.

I just got the L1Dce...and all I can say is wow. Even brighter than my L2T and great switching control. I love the size...although the L1T seems a little better...first thing my boss said when he saw it was "it`s a little big" and grabed his to show me that it was smaller. It was that noticable to him.

I will no doubt get the LODce as the AAA size is for me the only size I find myself carring with me all the time and it seems everyone who has one raves about the performance.

But to answer the question...favorite light...L1D-ce. Perfect size...multi level...click control...runtime...cheap to operate and bright!

I imagine the AAA lights will still be my most used...

Guess I`ve become a fan of Fenix over the past year...it`s kind of hard not to...they offer super bang for the buck and stay on top of the latest tech...fast...and do it well.

Ritch

Enlightened
For me it's the P1D CE natural, one from the latest batch.
Against my black P1D CE, one of the first batch, the natural is really well machined, perfect threads, the hotspot is more smooth and there is almost no dark ring.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1 is my favorite. Small, bright and simple. I much prefer this format over the multi level, multi click, multi blah blah, turbo, SOS stuff.

Fenix, just give me the smallest possible CR123 CREE clicky, with just on and off.

cheers

hsjrev

Newly Enlightened
It changes daily. The P1D-CE is so dang small and bright, plus three levels and strobe, (I don't count the SOS as a useful feature) that I just love it-it can't get much better than this for an EDC light. Then I take the L1D-CE out in the field behind my house and I'm just amazed at how far it will light up trees and other objects, plus it has a very nice user interface for the levels and strobe-can this much light and 2 hours of runtime really be coming from one AA? The P1D-CE is definitely brighter and a lot smaller, but the AA's are such an attractive/cheap power source. You can't go wrong with either.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would have to be the L2D-CE for runtime and the Turbo boost mode,
then the L1D-CE for size, followed by the LOD-CE for EDC

todo

Newly Enlightened
The L0D CE is my new fav....with 10440's you wont believe it till you see it. It floods a room completely, I think it has a better beam than my P1Dce, maybe not quite as much throw as the P1D but close. This light (lod) has gotten more wow's than any light I've ever showed off, cant help it, its just to fun to watch it totally blow larger, far more expensive lights out of the water. Probably the funniest one was a buddy who carries an ARC (which I have and love) we turned both lights on and it was like a pop gun up against a howitzer, it was hilarious we both laughed.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have one, but it's perfect so I don't need any more. It a MillerMods 3-level L0P. Approximately 30/90/270 mA to the LED for the three levels. And it starts on low like I prefer.

Greg

Last edited:

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
LxD CE is defanitly my favorite. I've tried most of the others and this is the first one to stick.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the L0D...don`t know if I need another AAA...but got to have the brightest...addicted...better light drug...you know.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the L2P with a L1Pbody and I really love em both, it's a really close call which of them I like the best, but I've I have to pick, the L1P, it's not that much less brighter and the formfactor is perfect.
I also had a civictor that I got from 4seven in the christmas giveout (thanks a lot again!) which I unfortunately lost (unexpected drinking binge, usually dont carry a light, but I used the civictor as a bikelight then). The tint was an absolute perfect creamy white, and it was as bright as the L2P with L1Pbody, and it had longer runtime. Still, I prefered the L2p with L1p-body, what you like is really a subjective thing.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
powernoodle said:
P1 is my favorite. Small, bright and simple. I much prefer this format over the multi level, multi click, multi blah blah, turbo, SOS stuff.

Fenix, just give me the smallest possible CR123 CREE clicky, with just on and off.

cheers
I would have said the P1, but one-handed operation can be tricky. So I put a 123 body on my L2P head. That's perfect - so when my L1D-CE arrives that will be... spiffingly super-perfect.

crocodilo

Enlightened
Between my L1P, E0, P1, L0PSE and L1DCE...
... I choose the L1P. Simple, reliable, fast to operate, easy to feed. Second would come the E0, a fantastic light. Next, the P1, love the beam. Finally, the L1DCE and the L0PSE. Multilevels are something I still don't quite trust, like they're always about to fail. Never did, but nevertheless...