Are the Victorinox Micro Lights made by Inova?

cosine

Newly Enlightened
I have a suspicion they are, but I can't dig up info to prove it.

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have the instruction manual or sheet ( or know the instructions) for the Victorinox Micro Light? http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Product.htm?category=flashlights&product=VM-F-R&

I got one of those lights in a package with a camper knife, but the light didn't have any instructions. According to Vic's website, the light has four modes, but I can only seem to get one, on when I press the switch, off when I release it. How do I access the other modes?

linerlock

Newly Enlightened
I don't have that light but I'll bet that it's functionally identical to the current Inova MicroLight. If so they are packaged in a Point of Sale display mode that is basically just a momentary on-off as you hold down and release the button. I suppose this is done so that one can't turn the light on and run down the batteries while it's still in the retail package on the shelf.

If I recall correctly, all you have to do is hold the button down until the light blinks (may take several seconds). If this light really is just an Inova MicroLight in a different shell, doing this should place the light in it's normal use mode. In this mode, pressing the light once places it on high. Press a second time in rapid succession and you're in low mode. Press a third time and you're in strobe. Give it a try and let me know how it goes as I'm also curious as to what this light is really like under it's skin.

Also, here's a link the manual in PDF format. It's not terribly specific about operating the light though.

http://www.flashlightsunlimited.com/documents/Inova/NewMicroLight.PDF

Last edited:

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I already tried using the procedure of the Inova Microlight to see if I could access the other modes. It didn't work.

Anyway, it's a nice little keychain light, fully as nice and bright as my Inova Microlight.