Ultrafire Cree dropin from Dealextreme.com, doesn't work properly for me

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to see if it fits my 2 chinese xenon lights, Hemse and the E2D clone from QCGs. Also will be trying it in my C3.
I'll update this thread when it arrives next month. I'm very curious if it's on par or even the same as the Lighthound/ Soltek/ Unbranded models that are out there now.

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened
Re: Bought the Ultrafire Cree dropin from Dealextreme.com

I would be interested in the results of that too.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U

I got that one incoming too... I intend to use it in my SF Z44 + E2C converter on my L4 body... and later maybe in a G2 or z44+leef18650c-c body if they are still available when I have cash again...

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well baaaaaaaad news, I got it today and it doesn't power up properly! It fits in the C3 without the larger spring, and the G&P tacticle bezel screws all the way down without the silver ring G&P includes specifically for using the bezel with Surefires. If you use the ring it gives you the infamous gap. NOW... I used two setups, 2x17670s from AW, and 3 Surefire cells. With either setup, it lights for 1 second, and then fades off quickly. It doesn't stay lit more than 1 second. So, I've emailed Kyle and Co. about it to see what my options are. There aren't any reviews or comfirmations about this LA yet, so I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem.
It also does NOT fit in a Hemse or QCG's E2D clone, it's too wide for either.
But that's my review, it doesn't power properly with 2x17670s of 3 CR123s.
But atleast the AAA laser works fine. And the single cell light holster is pretty nice too for $1.

stockae92

Enlightened
that's sounds weird

it does light up for 1 sec (meaning the connection is ok?)

but won't stay on long at all (bad LA?)

can you use wire to light up the LA by itself?

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't "flash" on and then off, it comes on bright for less than a full second, and fades off even quicker. If I wait 5 seconds I can do it again. The connection seems fine, no flickering or anything, it's like when a protected cell shuts itself off, but it happens with the 3 CR123s too, and the 17670 cell's PCB isn't actually triggered.
This sounds lame, but no, I actually don't have wires to play with this outside of the lights body. :(

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used 8.3v with the C3/A19/2x17670s without success today. DE has contacted me and asked I return it for an exchange. They also said they haven't had any complaints from other customers about this happening. I just wish I has a 2 cell host to try this with as well.