Need Some Advice

Jmurman

Newly Enlightened
I am new to these forums and after reading alot of the threads here I see that most of you all are really schooled with flashlights...so I would like some advice.

I have a couple of lightsd that I really like, Twintask 123 powered, and my new Fenix P1D.

I am looking for a light that will be my tactical light. The Fenix is too small, size wise and is now my EDC light.

I am looking at the Lumapower M1 and the Surefire E2E and adding the high powered bulb to it.

Any recommendations?

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Jmurman said:
I
I am looking at the Lumapower M1 and the Surefire E2E and adding the high powered bulb to it.
A more cost-effective alternative to the E2E might be a 6P or 9P with an aftermarket bulb from G&P or Lumens Factory. The 9P holds 3 batteries vs 2 for the E2E.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been doing this flashlight thing for quite a while now... my best advice to give a person new to the affliction... I mean, hobby... is to try to only buy lights that will fill an actual need, rather than snapping up every cool new light that comes out.

Personally, I think that for someone that already has a P1D and may have an M1 on the way, I don't see exactly what role the E2e would fill. VERY nice light... looks outstanding in a briefcase, but I can't imagine what it would do that either the P1D or the M1 wouldn't do. Matter of fact, the M1 is almost like having the low power bulb AND the high power bulb in the same light, but with radically longer runtime, more throw and no chance of the bulb burning out unexpectedly.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
I've been doing this flashlight thing for quite a while now... my best advice to give a person new to the affliction... I mean, hobby... is to try to only buy lights that will fill an actual need, rather than snapping up every cool new light that comes out.

Personally, I think that for someone that already has a P1D and may have an M1 on the way, I don't see exactly what role the E2e would fill. VERY nice light... looks outstanding in a briefcase, but I can't imagine what it would do that either the P1D or the M1 wouldn't do. Matter of fact, the M1 is almost like having the low power bulb AND the high power bulb in the same light, but with radically longer runtime, more throw and no chance of the bulb burning out unexpectedly.

Good advise.

Jmurman

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:

Thanks, I had read about the M1 and frankly was pretty excited about it....I think I'll pick one up. I will use this for my night-stand 'home defense' light in conjunction with my 1911 pistol.