Let's get RICH ?

flynndog

Newly Enlightened
How many 12V Boating, RV & Trucker lighting fixtures are there ?? LOTS

So to fund this site and all of us, why don't we come up with something to replace all those bulbs with. CREE or ? !!..

How about you ?,,, I need 18 in my trailer alone ...ASAP [ Dry camping.]

I've searched the NET. .. Sad, not much.

Come on all this brain power, Show Me !

Flynndog...

Don't let everone know, just us....OK

LEDependent

Enlightened
You're assuming AutoZone isn't using Cree dies ;)

I'm guessing you're talking XLamp, though. In that case, EVERY 12V Boating, Trucker, and RV fixture would have to be REDESIGNED to fit a heatsink and power regulation circuitry.

NOT a moneymaker.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree...Why? It hasn't been proven in any long term application.

All street-legal automotive lighting has to pass through MANY gov't hurdles (i.e. DOT) in order to get certified for on road use. A Cree LED hasn't been proven in little flashlights, let alone being submitted for any sort of DOT ceritification.

-dan

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know that all of you putting the idea down sucks. I hope one day flynndog writes back on this thread saying I AM RICH from Crees!!!!!!!!

Good Luck flynndog!!!!!!!!!! I hope your idea works!!!!!!

This is what is AMERICA in built on...Good & Innovative Ideas.

Last edited:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the rate that LEDs are improving, soon just about every light source will be
getting retrofitted or replaced to use LEDs.

Retrofitting, remodeling, rewiring, and otherwise remaking the way we light up our lives
is a big deal, and some people are going to make a lot of money at it.

It's gonna take all the LEDs that Phillips and Cree and Seoul and the others can make.

goldenlight

Enlightened
Every day I see commercial vehicles with Luxeon based LED running/brake lights. On 90% of those vehicles, 10 to 20% of the LED's are not operating.

So much for 50,000 hour LED life.

By far the most common config. I see are seven LED's; 6 in a circle, and one in the middle. I have seen some vehicles with as many as 4 LED's in one enclosure not working.

So you want to take a brand new Cree, and make a brand new replacement light of some kind, and hope that it works better than the older, and much more well known Luxeons?

Good luck getting the hundreds of thousands of dollars in venture capital to fund that one.....