Surefire G2 with Lighthound Cree Drop-in

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
Ah, NO!!:awman:

I actually got it to work by modifying the spring to get the negative contact. After two minutes of running the outside of the light felt fine, cool even, BUT, I took the bezel off and almost burned my hand on the LED module, this thing gets way too hot. So, operating in a G2, yes, lasting more than 5 minutes in a G2, no.

zx7dave

Enlightened
You can use aluminum foil to wrap around the LED base and will help it make contact in the G2/G3 models. I ran my G2 with Cree P4 for 30 minutes. Hot? Yes. But G2 was undamaged after it was all over. It is a tough light.

Elton

Newly Enlightened
geez im not sure which led bulb to get i thought they where supposed to run cooler ?

jlomein

Enlightened
zx7dave said:
You can use aluminum foil to wrap around the LED base and will help it make contact in the G2/G3 models. I ran my G2 with Cree P4 for 30 minutes. Hot? Yes. But G2 was undamaged after it was all over. It is a tough light.

What kind of batteries were you using?

I have ordered a cree drop in for the G2 and I will be using 2x 3.7v 750mah AW protected RCR123's. I'm rather worried about the batteries getting hot, since there is a metal lining inside the nitrolon battery tube, and I assume that's where the heat will go.