Rechargeable AA's

Impact

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys (and gals if any frequent this board),
You pointed me in the right direction with the L1D CE, and i'm quite impressed with it. from my preliminary tests it seems to be a great little light.

I'd love to hear what the current 'hot setup' is for rechargable power for this light. I did a quick search here and it looks like Duracel 2650ma Ni-mh may be the ticket. are there any other good ones? Li-ion?

Thanks!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding lithium. You can use Energizer non-rechargable like this one to get more performance (runtime and brightness).
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1859&HS=1

Rechargable Li-Ions in AA-format are called 14500, I really don't have any experience which is the best one to buy, but you can get them cheap from lighthound(earlier posted link) or www.kaidomain.com or www.dealextreme.com .
Your L1D will be significantly brighter on these(they have nominal voltage of 3,7V and starts around 4,2V), but you will lose the different lvls of output, youll only have full blast at everything.

Cheers.

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
I personally do not like the Duracell 2650's. I have had good luck with the Titanium brand 2600's and 2700's and so far I have had good luck with the Energizer Hybrids.