Surefire A2 tailcap.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Well I got my A2 today. The only problem im having is while trying to screw the tailcap back on. When I try to put it on it seams like the o-ring is keeping the threads from lining up properly. Is there any special way that im supposed to put it on that the manual didnt inform me of?

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

I just apply a bit of pressure to the tailcap when screwing on - I don't think that Surefire's threading can be cross-threaded.

BTW, how do you like your A2?

Best wishes,
Bawko

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Atomic_Chicken said:
Greetings!

I just apply a bit of pressure to the tailcap when screwing on - I don't think that Surefire's threading can be cross-threaded.

BTW, how do you like your A2?

Best wishes,
Bawko

Ok. I was just worried I would end up cross-threading it because the start of the threading on the body looked like it was getting a little worn.

So far I love the A2. I like the regulated incan and the versatility of the light.

Last edited:

firefly99

Enlightened
Cross threading on A2 is not likely because A2 has ACME thread. (hope that is the correct thread name)

If you look closely at the thread, you will notice that it is squareish thread.

Illum

Flashaholic
scubasteve1942 said:
I think I was just being to gentle with it. :grin2:

most likely:grin2:
I havent heard of A2 cross threading incidents nor have I ever had the problem on mine. And lesser lights have situations where the wrong lube caused the O-rings to swell abnormally, A2 hasnt:grin2:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Atomic Chicken said, I just apply a little pressure to push the tailcap over the o-ring as I twist it on. I've done it hundreds of times on all three of my A2's and no signs of cross-threading. If it ever did happen, I suppose SF would give you a new A2!