Fenix E0 owners: how's the longevity?

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
I've been eyeballing the Fenix E0 for some time now (the 11 hour runtime appeals to me), but I read a thread a while back where someone described a design flaw that could result in premature failure. Something about the LED being held in place just by its leads instead of being properly secured.

I'd like to hear from E0 owners about their experiences with the light. Specifically, how well does it stand up to rough use, pocket carry on a keyring, water resistance, etc. Has anyone used it outdoors (hiking, camping, canoeing)?

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been carrying mine around on my house keys since the middle of October with no problems at all. Still on the same battery and going strong.

r0b0r

Enlightened
Mine died due to presumably the LED being pushed backwards somehow and crushing the inductor which lies beneath it.

I can't imagine how it happened, and therefore conclude it was some kind of manufacturing fault.

It's been repaired and returned to me now, so that's all good.

Aslong as the LED doesnt get pushed back into the body, they should last for a long long time. I'd still recommend 'em, great size \ weight and performance

cdosrun

Enlightened
I've had mine on my keyring since the end of September and I haven't had any problems either. It has been dropped on numerous occassions and has suffered little more than slight dings.

I make sure that it is backed off a reasonable way on the head to stop it turning on my pocket, but it seems much less predisposed to the head screwing itself down than the E1.

Andrew

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
No problems here. It's been carried in a pocket with no really rough use, however. Anodizing is coming off on the edges, but still looks good. Battery seems to go and go. One of my favorites for its economy and performance, though bear in mind it's no barn burner.

Geoff

loveit

Enlightened
Same story here. I keep mine on a keyring next to an Atwood whistle. The anodizing has chipped quite a bit, but I am still on the first battery and use this light! I got it soon after they were introduced. I'd buy another if I lost it. It's small, light, and reliable. I like the smaller size of it compared to Fenix's other AAA lights.

crocodilo

Enlightened
Great. No problems whatsoever. I would also buy another one if his was lost.

Just to show you how confident I am in mine: it is the one I use for flying.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine's been on my keyring since the summer. The anodizing is wearing a little and there are chips from being dropped numerous times. I have a litium in it and it is not used that much-more as a back up to my EDC. So far it is holding up well from all the dropping and with a lithium in it I shouldn't have to change the battery for a loooong time due to its limited use.

r0b0r

Enlightened
I have mine on my front belt loop.

Great immediate access light for, say, grabbing a beer out of the outside fridge or not tripping over stuff :p

RickyT

Newly Enlightened
Almost always on me, it's my most used light. Got it last October shows some wear, not too bad. I have an lop se too, but I just seem to use the E0 the most.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is still working great and on the original cell (Energizer Lithium) from mid October. It has held up pretty well considering all the drops it has taken and the fact that my keychain has a bunch of other things to bang it up. I would imagine that the original cell will last years since it has over 16 hours of perfectly flat runtime on it!

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine's dead. No surprise here. I didn't feel they were worth the price from the start having stated this last year, and I was right. I have cheap Dorcy 1xAAA's that I've had a year or so prior to the E0 - they still run.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommended them to two of my friends. One of them died without explanation and the other was lost. Not the most comprehensive info, but I hope it helps.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of mine are still running fine. My silver one has been on my keyring non stop since I first got it and no problems at all despite being dropped many times.

fordwillman

Newly Enlightened
I have used mine by my bedside for over a year. Still using the same battery. Not overpowering, but good for around the house. Beam is a bit blue, but a nice, small light. So far so good.

Tortolita

Newly Enlightened
Mine died due to presumably the LED being pushed backwards somehow and crushing the inductor which lies beneath it.

I ordered 24 for guys at work. 3 of them have had this issue since October, 2006. (12.5% :thinking:) All were/are being repaired for free. (Thanks 4Sevens! :rock:) Everyone still loves them.:)