PID-CE loose threads resolved????

S

sjsfiji

Hi All,

Has Fenix resolved the loose thread issues that were being reported with the first batch manufactured?

Also, did they fix the dark ring in the beam pattern?

thanks,

sjsfiji

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P1D CE is a recent flashlight and the head's threads are perfect. No they haven't solved the dark rings problem because this is a design issue and not a manufacturing thing. They probably would have to re-design the reflector loosing some throw in the process.

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
I had one of the original ones and now have a recent one. The old one had the loose threads the new ones are like every light and not an issue. Perversley I prefer the loose threads.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I bought one from the 1st batch and the threads were atrociously loose. I took a chance and got one from a newer batch and while the threads are much tighter, they're nowhere near as well fitting as my P1.

Funny how the P1D-CE is the only Fenix from all that I've owned that had thread issues.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the P1D CE in the first batch but in natural (not black), have not had problems with the threads.

also, the supposed "dark ring" problem is barely noticeable in normal use. What IS really noticeable is how amazingly bright and useful this one tiny little light is and how it puts to shame lights more than twice its size and cost by well known manufacturers.

some people have a strong preference against a twisty UI, but then again the twisty is what helps you get the shorter length - the clicky adds quite a bit in length so it is by no means a costless benefit.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend just bought one and the rings are still alive and well. I think the threads are better now though. At least better than mine.

Martini

Enlightened
I got one from the first batch, and the threads had a lot of slop. I got one from the next batch, and it is tight and smooth as silk.

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
My black from the first batch has loose threads. I send i back and get a natural and the threads were ok.