Lumileds and Inova

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
While reading the thread on 'Lumileds shattering records' and the general talk on efficiency ect., I was thinking, whats up with Inova.

Inova builds solid lights, and could it be possible that the delay in the new Inovas is that maybe, just maybe, they are first in line for the next gen. Lumileds. I think MattK may have said that they are in line for K2s,
but as for a manufacturer they need to get it goin'.

How would you like to see a T1 with somewhere around 140 lm. 2-stage.

MattK, ya know something we don't?

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
Re: Lumileds and Inova partnership

What the ______ are you talking about? Is there some factual basis for your assumption/wishlist/whatever your post is supposed to be? You just decided to shack up Inova with Lumileds because Inova hasn't offered any product worth crap lately? What's next, the moon is made of blue cheese....

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoa, you are getting a little turned around, as reading Mattk posts he was saying that Inova was not planning to use CREEs in their lights, that it was Lumileds straight through with the K2s. I absolutely was not saying there was a exclusivity to Lumileds because business changes often, more so to Matts words something like 'its not going to happen' with CREE. That tells me they are in in a sense partners in production.
The fact there has been a delay with Inova and Lumileds just about to release there new LEDs, does it seem so impossible?

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's hope they don't use the K2. What a flop of an LED! I bought ten of those when they came out and maybe used 3 or 4 and then sold the rest at a reduced cost.

pilou

Enlightened
Inova is already shipping the T4 with a K2, and possibly the T3 and XO3 as well. Based on what I remember Matt saying a good month or two ago, the T inovas and the big Xs will all have K2s. But perhaps there might be a surprise for the T1/T2.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

daveman said:
What the ______ are you talking about? Is there some factual basis for your assumption/wishlist/whatever your post is supposed to be? You just decided to shack up Inova with Lumileds because Inova hasn't offered any product worth crap lately? What's next, the moon is made of blue cheese....
Put the crackpipe down bubba! There is no need to behave like that. He ain't your trailer park buddy, show some respect.

daveman

Enlightened

Outdoors Fanatic said:
Put the crackpipe down bubba! There is no need to behave like that. He ain't your trailer park buddy, show some respect.
Yes indeed, thank you for the fine example.

Here was my post:
Daveman said:
It contained nothing disrespectful toward Oribital himself, only to the integrity of his post. But I guess to someone who jokes about others living in trailer parks and smoking crackpipes, I can't expect too much from Outdoor Fanatic... :shrug:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Outdoors Fanatic said:

:laughing:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is about Inova using Lumileds.

daveman, how would you rate your own integrity.

daveman

Enlightened
Daveman said:
It (my post) contained nothing disrespectful toward Oribital himself, only to the integrity of HIS POST...

orbital said:
This thread is about Inova using Lumileds.

:wtf: "This thread is about Inova using Lumlileds..." what would "my own" integrity, or yours, have to do with it?
And you still haven't explained on what basis you speculate Inova and Lumileds are partners in production other than the fact that Inova is using K2s. Surefire and Peak have been using Lux IIIs and Lux Vs, does this mean they're also partners in production with Lumileds? :huh2:

Oribital said:
...Inova was not planning to use CREEs in their lights, that it was Lumileds straight through with the K2s. I absolutely was not saying there was a exclusivity to Lumileds because business changes often, more so to Matts words something like 'its not going to happen' with CREE. That tells me they are in in a sense partners in production.

daveman

Enlightened
Orbital said:

I was going to ignore this detour from the thread topic, but... I just noticed that you changed the thread title from "Lumileds and Inova Partnership" to "Lumileds and Inova," as well as editing your first post. Most of us insert the line "edit to add" to avoid the appearance of going back on our posts when we edit something. Just thought you'd want to know about this little etiquette, wouldn't want anybody to misunderstand your motive. :)

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
If two companies are working together (exclusively or not) for an end product, some people define that as a business partnership.
This does not mean Lumileds is now located in Inovas plant. Not to imply that.

northjames

Newly Enlightened
Anyhoo, Orbital I agree it would be cool to see Inova do something innovative (pun intended).

I love their build quality, and the T-series clicky is my absolute favorite.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until I bought a Cree light, I was very happy with my new K2 reflector version of the T3. Now it happily sits in a drawer without batteries collecting dust.

I would love for Inova to do something spectacular (like updating their website) but as far as I am concerned they are bringing their "C" game to the finals and hoping to compete. I have pretty much written them off.

pilou

Enlightened
woodrow said:
... but as far as I am concerned they are bringing their "C" game to the finals and hoping to compete. I have pretty much written them off.

There is more to a flashlight than ultimate brightness.