Who's selling version 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who\'s selling version 3.0?

I need more Arc AAAs, but I want the newest version. Anyone know who's carrying these? I like TTS, but they just say "new blister pack version". I understand this doesn't necessarily mean version 3.0. Anyone buy from them recently?

Chuen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Who\'s selling version 3.0?

I got one from them a week ago. It's version 3.0.

Chuen

Newly Enlightened

Just got another arc-aaa from TTS. But this time it's not a version 3.0 one. (not HAIII, no chemkote in body) Anybody knows if only the 3.0 one have S rank LED in it? The color of the LED of this one is much more blue then the pevious one I got. I'm wondering if it's a R rank LED.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Chuen,

I believe that if your arc came in a plastic blister pack, it should have HA and be the same rank as version 3.0

I got one like this from TTS, also. I believe it is officially version 2.5. It should have HA and the exact same type of led as the newer arcs.

As for the difference in color that you have perceived, I am afraid there is a pretty wide variation in individual led's within any given rank.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.

Pat

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's a quote from Peter Gransee that might help:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>3.0 Upgraded waterproof rating, anodine interior, new alloy again, new red/yellow/orange LEDs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So if your arc has a white led, it should be the same and it should have HA because that was not a new addition on the 3.0

The anodine interior is the chemkote which shows up as a gold interior. The upgraded waterproof rating doesn't reflect any design change; I believe that the folks at arc just discovered that the arc is more waterproof than they orginally thought.

Any who, I hope this helps and if it doesn't you'll have to wait for Peter Gransee or Darrell (unofficial Arc expert) to see this.

Pat

Andrew

Newly Enlightened

I bought a bunch of Arc-AAAs from TTS last week and they arrived today. William (providing *excellent* customer service, as usual) said that this shipment of Arc-AAAs arrived on Tuesday (June 8). They're fully chemkoted, unlike my LE which has chemkoted threads but a plain battery tube.

whee...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want to be certain, give William a call. If he doesn't know, I'm sure he'll be happy to find out for you. That's the nice thing about him & many of the retailers we support here, they appreciate their customers & have great service. We ARE a lucky bunch of purchasers. TX

KenBar

Enlightened

I am getting spoiled on TTS. I am having a hard time shopping elsewhere. He had a small foobar on my last order...apologized profusely, and threw in a free light for the mistake. My kind of guy!

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, LPS did the same thing for me on a mistake they made on one of my orders. That's why I think as Flashaholics, we're very lucky with the class of vendors we have to deal with. On a lot of products, it's a matter of which one is the least bad. With lights, it's hard to find the best.
wink2.gif
TX

Status
Not open for further replies.