The JetBeam C-LE with a Smooth Refletor!!!

Abumustafa

Enlightened
I was wanderin if any 1 has ever modded the C-LE with a smooth reflector to see what kind of beam they got Floody/Throwy !!! :popcorn:

Is there a smooth reflector available for the C-LE??? :popcorn:

Or where to obtain 1 if available??? :popcorn:

Whats the output of the C-LE like compared to other AA lights that are available with cree e.g Fenix an co.

Thanks Lads!!! :popcorn:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont own it, but there been some reviews(just do a search on Jetbeam CLE), and they all suggest that it isn't that bright as other cree/seoul AA, but probably still plenty bright for most uses. Haven't heard anything about a smooth reflector. The demand is usually for an OP so I dont think they will make one either(if it doesnt allready exist).
Cheers.

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
I asked a similar question in the DX C-LE thread, as I'd also be interested in what sort of improvement might be possible in the throw/hotspot department with a smooth reflector as throw/bright hotspot sounds a little less than some of the other similar single cell Cree/SSC lights. The OP reflector may well be a better choice for most purposes, but I'd be curious if there's a cheap light who's reflector might work in the C-LE. I mentioned the Powerlight HX-G011 on DX since it's only $5 and is a similar dimension, but it doesn't sound like it's easy to get the LED or reflector out of that light. Maybe the MXDL 3W/CR123 light would work.