Lumapower M1 Tactical clicky dilemma

Daekar

Enlightened
So I just got my M1 - I love it, it's a freakin' throw-monster, especially with the smooth reflector on. I did have the typical issues of figuring out how to disassemble the thing (they really do need to include instructions and two little two-pronged tools, one for the little holes and one for the slots - I'd be willing to pay for them if they offered them to reduce wear on my light), but there were no major issues other than deciding which reflector I liked better... heh heh. Smooth one in right now. :rock: BTW - Amondo sent me both reflectors and their advert didn't say anything about both - kudos for going above and beyond!

Anyway, I'm torn on the clicky. I love the 2-stage momentary-on button on my SF L2, I don't mind twisting it for constant-on. The M1 has a tactical momentary-on, but it's high-only, which is unacceptable - a light that's too bright is a bad thing, especially with such a runtime penalty. I've got the 2-stage clicky in right now so I can have low mode... but is there a 2-stage momentary-on out there for the M1?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one from Amondo Tech also. I opt for the OP reflector, as I think it makes it a better all-around light, and it still outthrows a Streamlight PP Lux 4AA. I also opted to use the two-level reverse clicky for the same reason. I simply would not use the light as much with the momentary, because I find that the awesome amount of light at full burn is too much for many situations.

It is extremely impressive on high with the smooth reflector though, and the momentary switch design is quite durable. :rock: It is nice to have such choices in a quality light.

Sorry, I don't know of a two-stage momentary switch that could be used.