What's the difference between these 1W 1AA from DX that use the same body?

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
The third uses a better LED (Nichia), while the other two use a generic chinese LED. I don't know how they compare in output though, it could be very similar. All 3 of these use a different body as well, even if they appear the same at first glance. I have had the first two on order for awhile, the third is probably just going to be a slightly better light overall.

Last edited:

johnny13oi

Enlightened
I have the first two. The heads and LEDs and im guessing the circuitry are the same in the first two. They're also interchangeable

Whatever the difference is, the processing time of DealExtreme is unacceptable. They need to immediately refund the customer when they don't have something in stock and not require pre-payment to be on the list.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:
Whatever the difference is, the processing time of DealExtreme is unacceptable. They need to immediately refund the customer when they don't have something in stock and not require pre-payment to be on the list.

Thats just how dealextreme works. If you want something for cheap and can wait then dealextreme is the way to go. If you don't want to wait then I am sure there are other dealers out there that charges much more for the same item but will get it to you quickly. When ordering with Dealextreme just know that it might take a while and if you can't wait you can just cancel the order.

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
johnny13oi said:
I have the first two. The heads and LEDs and im guessing the circuitry are the same in the first two. They're also interchangeable

so what's the difference between the 2 you have?

johnny13oi

Enlightened
fstuff said:
so what's the difference between the 2 you have?

The difference is basically how they look and the switch type used to turn the flashlight on. The one for $5.17 is a twisty type flashlight and is shorter than the $4.79 one by about 1cm and it has a round body.. The $4.79 one has a reverse clicky switch at the end of the flashlight to turn the flashlight on and has like a hexagonal body like in the pictures. I personally prefer the $4.79 one because it just looks better and I really hate twisty type flashlights.

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
johnny13oi said:
The difference is basically how they look and the switch type used to turn the flashlight on. The one for $5.17 is a twisty type flashlight and is shorter than the $4.79 one by about 1cm and it has a round body.. The $4.79 one has a reverse clicky switch at the end of the flashlight to turn the flashlight on and has like a hexagonal body like in the pictures. I personally prefer the $4.79 one because it just looks better and I really hate twisty type flashlights.

WTF? the 5.17 one is a twistie?!?

the pics look a clickie :(
http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_2096_4.jpg

arrggg.. i hate twisties since they turn on by itself when on my belt :(

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 5.17 finally arrived today. Besides the plastic lens and lack of front o-ring and the fact that the o-ring came broken and that I thought I was getting a clicky because of the pictures; it's pretty bright and I'm pleased with the body. I've had mine on for 5 minutes now and it's actually getting warm. It made me smile; like it was trying so hard to be a real light. There's no way this driver is hard enough to create a heat issue, but it's actually heating up! The finish appears to be quite tough. It reminds me of some fenix HAIII coatings and I failed to scratch it with a paperclip. I'm not taking a knife to it, I'll just see how it wears.

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
sigh... looks like i'm going to be placing an order for the $4.79 model