New inova T4

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have ordered the new T4 with reflector, and it is taking its sweet time getting here! (or maybe I'm impatient) but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what I can expect from this flashlight. It looks great cause of a quite long regulated runtime, quite bright and rechargable so I dont need to spend money on expensive CR123's.

If anyone has any beamshots that would be great to.

Thanks

ensile

Enlightened
all i know is that, the previous version of this light was kool. the new one looks even better. 125 lumens ? that's pretty sweet considering it can run nonstop for 2 hours. I've seen spare charge cradles on ebay, it would be sweet to have a cradle in the car so when u take it out u can lock it in and by the time u get to your destination you know you're topped up, I wanted one of these but I had trouble tracking the battery number, I didnt want to buy the inova badged cell, perhaps they stick two cells together in some shrink, someone here may know. Good luck mate, let us know how it pans out. :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Inova rates Bulb lumens not Torch lumens. they rate the T4 (older optic version) at 100 lumen but Flashlight reviews says it is 37.5 lumens, that is 37.5% of what Inova rates it. The new version seems to be much closer the the lumen rating then the older one.
You could have bought many other lights like the Lumapower M1 (runs on rechargeable 18650 batteries) for around the same price. But Inovas are known for their toughness.

You could expect a well weighted, as in feels solidly made, light to arrive. It has good performance for all around uses but will not be impressive if you have handled the newer crop of Cree lights (The $56.50 Fenix L2D-CE could probably out throw it, so can the cheap $22.35 Ultrafire C2). It will feel very well built and tough. If this is your first high-power LED light, you will probably like it.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Ooops, sorry, my mistake that make it 37.5% of what Inova rates it.

Inova lights feel tough and are tough but there are brighter lights around if that's what you need.

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
Ofcourse I would like more light haha,

But this light would be taken with me on camping trips and travelling with me so being tough was a big selling point.

I haven't owned a hi powered LED flashlight before so is it likely that I will be let down by the out put of this? or will that happen once I buy a new cree based flashlight.

Either way I think that it will be a good flashlight to be able to take any where that wont get broken too easily.

Can onyone compare the new T4 directly to something like the lumapower M1 Cree? or somthing along those lines?

Thanks

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old (trios) T4 that I bought as soon as it came out with great excitement might...might have produced 50 lumens. I have never been so dissapointed in a advertizers unmet claims in my life. The new T4 most likely produces around 75 lumens or so, which is much closer to the claimed 100. It is a decent light, especially for its throw on the charger convenience and it is tough.

Inova has never been trustworthy with its lumens ratings, but at least they are getting closer to the truth.

Last edited: