jetbeam mkII queries, and a little tip

fod

Newly Enlightened
Hey there I have a jetbeam mkII, I really like it, (never used to EDC a light, but now I do, because I can
smile.gif
) and I have couple questions for the good folks here.

First is, I bought a 123 tube when I got the light, so now I have an extra (AA)body. Is it possible to buy a new head only? If so please point me to who/where/ etc. Does not have to bejetbeam, it just has to work. I hate having spare perts going unused.

Next is: The 123 tube has a a post at the tail that is threaded. The threads seem to be uncoated, and I know it is a little problematic to tap blind holes, so they do it for a reason. Any Idea what are those threads for?

Last a little tip for the multi stage screw-on type lights:

I find that if you adjust (as in: slightly unscrew) the light so you can squeeze/depress the light on to cycle through the settings, to the brightness you want, then twist on, increases the usability of this neat little light. This may not be new for the bright folks here, but it is for me...so I thought I would share.

KnOeFz

Enlightened
fod said:

Next is: The 123 tube has a a post at the tail that is threaded. The threads seem to be uncoated, and I know it is a little problematic to tap blind holes, so they do it for a reason. Any Idea what are those threads for?

you can screw it onto a tripod