Jetbeam

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I have been looking at different brand names to see if I could find something different. I am looking at a Jetbeam product, specifically the Raptor RRT03 which has multicolor settings and has a magnetic ring for switching modes. I also saw its duel fuel. I guess the only thing I am stuck on is trying to understand the difference between the Nichia 219c vs Cree XP G3 leds? Is it the tint of the LED? Is it cool white vs warm white? I guess I dont know enough about this. Maybe some more seasoned folks can explain it. (I am also planning on getting down on a zebralight for my outdoor activities). Anything helps guys.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nichia 219b and 219c are more neutral tint in nature than the XP-G.
The b was somewhat red biased in achieving the nrutral tint which many people like(d). The c more yellow biased, so it appears a bit more like the incandecent even though it's nowhere near as "warm" as a light bulb.

JetBeam make nice flashlights. I use JetBeam made Elzettas and have had no issues.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Raptor RRT03
fwiw, the Nichia LEDs (219c and XP-G3) in the Jetbeams are NOT High CRI

also, the RRT03 has a 4 step UI, with the lowest mode being 85 lumens,
there is NO Moonlight,
I just say NO on the RRT03
because it is NOT infinitely variable like the RRT-01

Im a big fan of the RRT-01, after an LED upgrade to High CRI

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
You guys are quite helpful in making my decisions. Looks like I will add a jetbeam to my list as well as a zebralight and an elzetta.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I made the dive with a jetbeam rrt03 (I wanted the extra colors of leds). I guess I will find out how good it is.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Nichia 219b and 219c are more neutral tint in nature than the XP-G.
The b was somewhat red biased in achieving the nrutral tint which many people like(d). The c more yellow biased, so it appears a bit more like the incandecent even though it's nowhere near as "warm" as a light bulb.

JetBeam make nice flashlights. I use JetBeam made Elzettas and have had no issues.
How has your light held up over time to abuse? I am hard on things lol

Dario

Newly Enlightened
My Jetbeams are paperweights. The tailcaps self destructed on one and the switch quit working on another. Both under warranty. Zero support from Jetbeam. No way to get help or support. No replies to emails. Hard pass for me on any JetBeam products.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Jetbeams are paperweights. The tailcaps self destructed on one and the switch quit working on another. Both under warranty. Zero support from Jetbeam. No way to get help or support. No replies to emails. Hard pass for me on any JetBeam products.
I'm not really a math guy, but even I can calculate that failure rate, and it ain't good!:)

EDIT: Granted, it's a very small sample size, but it still ain't good.

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
So far so good with my raptor and I break surefire so that's saying something.

Dario

Newly Enlightened
So far so good with my raptor and I break surefire so that's saying something.
I'm sure most of them work well. I would be fine with them having issues if you could get any support. I was willing to buy parts. Nothing back from them.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure most of them work well. I would be fine with them having issues if you could get any support. I was willing to buy parts. Nothing back from them.
sorry for your Raptor issues.
fwiw
I get prompt replies, and can buy parts from info at jetbeamlight dot com

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a problem with the jetbeam 1 time, it fell and stopped working. The problem was solved by disassembling and assembling it, apparently some kind of contact moved away from the fall and after assembly it recovered, it has been working without problems for 2 years

Flynn's Arcade

Newly Enlightened
It's odd how the gremlins work. I've got a small sample of Jetbeam lights, all have been very dependable. I also have two examples of a extremely highly touted and heavily promoted US manufacturer, that are woefully overpriced and trouble prone, in my limited use. Everyone's reality and experiences are variable. Carry and use what works for you.