REXLIGHT 2.0 BRIGHTNESS on nimh =~ p1d-ce medium rcr 3.0v?????

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

I've looked at other threads and decided the rexlight 2.0 was not going to touch my p1d-ce! But what is going on here? I clicked the clickie and don't have to click on it to switch other modes (slight tapped the clickie to switch) and guess what???

I put it in my lightbox (which is home made milk carton covered with aluminum foil) it outdid my p1d-ce medium by a hair???? is this right?
I know people say that the l1d-ce is brighter on nimh versus rexlight... but i'm using rcr 3.0v here! What's going on? Is this right???? Maybe my lightbox isn't that accurate....

And no, there is nothing wrong with my p1d-ce, I have 2... they're about the same but different tint.

Do you all think I have a rexlight 2.1?? a more advanced version of 2.0? I just got it today.

Also if you notice rexlight, bring it to your ear, it makes noise-the circuit makes high pictch noise, especially on strobe.

I also noticed that this rexlight, cuts off suddenly! Is this regulation or protection? Rexlight is regulated after all!

EDIT: okay, the rexlight may be brighter according to my box, but, it's 10-15% less in terms of throw and sidespill. (I've measured both versus p1d-ce)

Last edited:

LGCubana

Enlightened
timcodes said:
Hello!

I've looked at other threads and decided the rexlight 2.0 was not going to touch my p1d-ce! But what is going on here? I clicked the clickie and don't have to click on it to switch other modes (slight tapped the clickie to switch) and guess what???
That's normal
timcodes said:
I put it in my lightbox (which is home made milk carton covered with aluminum foil) it outdid my p1d-ce medium by a hair???? is this right?
I know people say that the l1d-ce is brighter on nimh versus rexlight... but i'm using rcr 3.0v here! What's going on? Is this right???? Maybe my lightbox isn't that accurate....
What batteries were you using in your tests ?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
LGCubana said:
What batteries were you using in your tests ?
I'll second that. I think your 3.0V rechargeable li-ion cells aren't doing justice to your P1D.

My Rexlight makes a high pitched whining noise too.

LGCubana

Enlightened
Try using a freshly charged 3.0v RCR123A in the P1D CE.

If the Rexlight still beats the P1D CE, you'll need to replace your RCR123As.