Fenix PD3 and PD1-CE beam pics of color tint.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took some beam shots of my Fenix PD1-CE and PD3-CE. I set my Sony P200's white balance to daylight. This would make white look white if it was shot under direct sunlight at the proper exposure. I then took a shot of the PD3 and the PD1-CE with their beams on white paper to show the difference in color between them. You can find the images here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wadefulpng/Flashlights

PD3-CE on general mode high:

PD1-CE on medium:

PD1-CE on top on high (max), PD-3 on bottom on turbo:

I'm using regular surefire 123's.

Last edited:

waiklau

Newly Enlightened
nanotech17 said:
The P3D is alot bluer becoz of that 160 lumens that cree produce.

I don't think its the 160 lumens cuzz the first picture shows PD3-CE on general mode high ~ 90 lumens and its already showing bluish tint.

LightScene

Enlightened
It's possible that part of the reason the P1D-CE's cost more is because they have better emitters.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightScene said:
It's possible that part of the reason the P1D-CE's cost more is because they have better emitters.

So the emitter in the PD1-CE is different than the emitter in the PD3?

ensile

Enlightened
i need schooling.

let's say the Diode is the same version (debating this is not the potp), if the p3d is running hotter (blue), does it mean fenix have used the wrong resistors? does the p3d shine blue in the lower light modes? and with the lowest power batteries? Some people claim the cree will take 8.4 volts... anyone notice more blue when using diff cells? or at least more (considerably) heat produced as a by product on different cells ?

p.s: potp is point-of-the-post in my language.