9p help

thermal guy

Flashaholic
if i put a one cell extention on my 9p so i can run 4 cells whats the best la to give me th highest lm ? thanks

mdocod

Flashaholic
hehe.... actually is just covers rechargable configurations... the only 12V D26 I know of that you could run 4 primaries on is the G&P G120. It's over 200 torch lumens on primaries. pretty good lamp. But you can do a lot with rechargeables. Lots of 9V lamps available that are as bright and brighter than the G120.

Size15's

Flashaholic
thermal guy said:
if i put a one cell extention on my 9p so i can run 4 cells whats the best la to give me th highest lm ? thanks
From SureFire, you'd need a TurboHead (KT1/KT2) and an N62 (500 lumens / 12 minutes) or MN61 (350 lumens / 20 minutes) lamp assembly

ugrey

Enlightened
Thermal Guy, You can use a G&P 12V Lamp Assembly or buy a Cabela's 12V small turbo head. They are 1.7 inches wide and are advertised at 240 lumens. I just ordered one of these yesterday to put on a Leef 4 battery body and I will post on this board how I like it. I think the 4 battery lights are very overlooked on this board. These are my favorites next to my SF M6. A 4 battery light can be put together for about $120 and they are about 225 lumens to my eyes. Compare that to a SF M4.

mdocod

Flashaholic
ugrey... i wasn't sure if the G&P mini-turbo heads were *for-sure* compatible with the surefire C type threads... (in my chart, I only put 1 "+" next to that configuration, cause I wasn't sure about it)... Are you pretty sure this will work?

if it does fit and work, can you toss me a PM so I can update the chart with "confirmed" status for those configurations...

only question left then- is are the threads on the XPG mini-turbos the same as the G&P?

wrathothebunny

Newly Enlightened
I would get the sample run (only 20 made) LumensFactory 12V D26 320 Bulb Lumens Xenon Lamp Assembly. I would say that it runs slightly more efficient than a G120 (1.25A vs. 1.38A) and so lasts a little longer (60 min vs. 50 min) and it outputs just slightly more, which is noticed in the larger hotspot, which is maintained at the same intensity as the G120. I own both, and prefer the LumensFactory (www.lumensfactory.com).

flange938

Newly Enlightened
Link for Cabela's Turbohead? I couldn't find it on their site. Also where are you buying
the G&P bulbs mentioned in this thread?

Culhain

Enlightened

flange938

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. That looks just like my Digilght turbohead, now unavailable. Surefire bulbs will
not fit these?