New Style SEMILAR Mini-Review (CR123/RCR123 P1 clone).

LightScene

Enlightened
So I just got the new SEMILAR ($15 shipped) from Kaidomain. This version has a tail cap twisty and a stippled reflector. No manufacturing defects. It's clean under the lens and the LED is centered. Nice white tint. No rings. Not enough room for the old batterystation 3.7v RCR123's, but the new AW's fit fine.

This sample works fine with a primary CR123A. It's not as bright as my other 3 Cree lights, but if you don't compare them side-by-side you can't tell. I'm assuming that's because of the LED lottery.

The threads are tight and smooth. It can be turned on/off with one hand, but it has to be reversed in the hand to do it. A little strange, but easy to do. The Fenix style star on the bottom makes it easier to grip the tail cap when turning it, especially one-handed.

Once again, Kaidomain delivers a marvelous light for the money. $15 shipped means you're basically paying $8 for the light and $7 for shipping. Fantastic deal.

Part of the inscription reads "Waterproof USA". I guess they are trying to trick people into thinking it was made in the USA.

Last edited:

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
You should get in there and put some thermal compound between the round star board and the heat sink. The emitter is mounted on a round aluminum disk. It's the same emitter and disk that they sell at kai and dx. It's like a star but only its round and the top is white. I just opened mine up. To get it out, I used the point of a dart, you can use anything really. Stick your pointy tool in the body of the light and you can turn the heatsink pill out using the two notches on the side of the heatsink. You'll need to unsolder the emitter board to apply the compound. I also touched up the solder blob that makes contact with the battery as mine was very bumpy and uneven. I couldn't get the reflector out, i think it may be glued in, but i can confirm that it is aluminum.