Scored a SF L4!!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently scored a SF L4! I LOVE this light. It arrived yesterday, and I couldn't wait for it to get dark, so I could play with my new light. I am VERY impressed. I have MANY SF's, but oddly, this is my first SF LED. Sweet light. What about you guys?

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
It's my favourite too, especially with the addition of a McClicky tailcap. It's going to take something special to usurp my L4. :D

Patrick

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my L4 but it is very old (serial # is under 100!) Great light!! Tons of flood!
Do whatever it takes to get a 2 stage tailcap.....then you will REALLY like it!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my L4 during a power outage once, some people thought the lights came back on. Enjoy your pocket sized wall of light.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually grab my L4 instead of a Cree flashlight because I like the super wide, floody, even beam. The McGizmo 2 stage tailcap is a great upgrade.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I sure like the L4s when they're working. I've had two of them go bad on 123s. One took 3 months to replace, the other too five months. I'm kinda worried about using it a lot because if it goes bad I don't want to be without it for another 3-5 months. That probably sounds stupid but my friend's L4 also died so I'm under the impression that they all go bad if used enough. I think I'll look into having it moded to something more reliable like a SSC. I love the form and output of the L4 with Luxeon V though maybe I just start EDCing it again and take my chances.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kills an L4 fastest are two 3.7 rechargeable cells. The Pila 600S works perfectly. The Pila 600S gives the same flat regulation & runtime as primary batteries.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've a KL4/E2e/E2D TC and one of my favorite edc part from E1L & L1. Very bright and works very well with AW's 17670 for guilt free lumens. Only thing left is a TC upgrade to a 2-stage. No regrets....

Danbo

Enlightened
BSCOTT1504 said:
I don't own an L4 but it's on my "will have" list. I too want the famous "wall of light"!

Happy hunting, my friend. I went through about 7-8 of them, before I found 2 that meet my admittedly super critical beam/tint requirements. There's a lot of them out there, that have greenish tint and donut holes.